Did Being a JW Make You a Bully VICTIM in SCHOOL?

by Smoldering Wick 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

ya it was hard. And JWs are the happiest people on earth? What crock. No amount of praying could help me through that terrible time. Unless I would have went TOTALLY psycho and just blocked out everything in life and would have been damaged forever. Now I have to go to the meeting right now, the thing that put me through so much pain still going to that bullcrap.

Listening to my damn parents talk about God 24/7 listening to those damn stupid kingdom songs always saying how they are right and everybody else is wrong and having them spit out their self-righteous bullshit and then they yell at me and call me demonized if I even show one bit of hostility when they've ruined my life.

So fair.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

>Listening to my damn parents talk about God 24/7 listening to those damn stupid kingdom songs always saying >how they are right and everybody else is wrong and having them spit out their self-righteous bullshit

its hard dealing with this.. my mother wants us to have one meal together as a family, so I try but then we sit in silence because any topic I bring up always ends up with it being a sign of the great tribulation, the last days, what someone gave a talk about at the meeting.. I've given up trying to argue, she just ignores the fact that I'm totally disinterested in jw conversation with her, but she is forever telling me that people miss me at meetings and would love to see me come back, people I never liked or talked to in the first place..
    I jsut want to leave, but circumstances are preventing that..

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

I remember in third grade, a fellow classmate comenting that her mother hated the wetnoses coming to the door on the weekends.. I learned from that moment on to hide the JW thing..only time I had trouble was when I ran into classmates banging on doors..

When you look at it, the Wetnoses really put the poor little ones through Hell! I could never do that to my son..

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Violence was the right answer. Beating up the biggest bully made it stop.

• Special K
    Special K

Yes being a J.W. in school was brutal.

sometimes it was the teachers who treated you awful for being a witness kid and sometimes it was the other kids who picked on you.

Kids can be cruel, teachers can be even worse.

For a kid being ridiculed or bullied in school.. the "just wait on Jehovah crap" just doesn't cut it.

Special K

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Being a JW kid in school was always difficult. I always felt different, never part of the whole school experience. I would be so glad when Christmas was over, but then it wouldn't be long till Easter and so on. I felt as if I was always saying to the teacher - I can't do this, that, whatever.

In primary school most of my teachers dealt with it pretty well, but things happened like being told I should really leave the room as the class was having a bible lesson. I really detested having to explain all the time, and never being sure as to what the purpose of all this was. Practically all the kids in my class didn't understand it anyway - although one kid announced that his parents had decided I must be Jewish.

Christmas was always the worst time - I remember being overheard by a class teacher telling the other kids in my class what I supposedly got for Christmas. She knew I was lying, and I felt really bad, although I could see she was sympathetic. I used to get angry at myself for not being strong about this - so much guilt that I didn't have the guts to stand up for my beliefs. I freely admit to feeling bitter at having gone through all this for no justifiable reason.

The worst part was if someone saw you out on field service - that was the absolute end. I was lucky I was never bullied, but I did get isolated incidents of teasing, thankfully short term. I coped with it by living a double life - one face for the KH and one for the outside world. The other kids at the KH were similar, most of them were denying their JW credentials despite their piousness on a meeting night.

When I think back on it, getting through all of that was really tough - but I did it. This illustrates the strength of the brain washing employed by the WTBS, causing a parent to become oblivious to the emotional pain their child is going through for the sake of furthering the cause of a corrupt organisation.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I would knock I my schoolmates doors on Sundays and Mondays get laughed at for it. Rough.

That was the worst!! I got to the point of when hearing what territory we would be working going in the opposite way if I knew my school mates lived there. Then the fake knock came into play even if I thought someone I knew lived there. This only worked if another teen and I were out and then only if they were not tattle tales.

Gahhhhhhh the memories, nightmares!

Cassi

• Atilla
    Atilla

Actually no, I was pretty well respected in my school but then again I grew up in a already conservative Christian area, so maybe I wasn't that odd afterall. Then again, since I didn't really participate in anything other than classes and then straight home, I never really had the chance to get bullied. The other kids probably felt, why bother, plus there were about 4 other dub kids in my grade alone out of a class of 125, so I guess I wasn't particularly unique. Now looking back, I wish I was bullied, not for being a JW, but for being different or good in sports or something, or a weird hair style, who knows? Oh well.

• glitter
    glitter

Well once I was bullied for a year by a boy in my congregation - he wasn't really a JW anymore by then but his mum was and he knew I was. He didn't make fun of my religion much, but that was the basis of it really. He used to play dolls with my little sister (I was friends with his older sister) like 3 years before this! I'm sure he's not a bad person now, but it was rough for me back then - he got moved classes but of course his friends were still in mine, but it mostly sorted it out.

A girl who was new to the primary school I went to and was trying to steal my friend away from me bullied me (to make me look weak I suppose so my friend would be friends with her) and she made fun of my religion just the same as she made fun of me for other things - she got kicked out of the school in the end.

One girl (who was a wimp and everyone hated) hounded me all the way up the hill from school once asking why I wasn't allowed to "go to the doctor's" - which of course I told her was ridiculous and she'd got it wrong but she just carried on until one of my friends punched her in the head! :)

I'm sure a teacher was mean to me once but I can't remember the details.

I don't think being a JW was the cause, it was just personality conflicts, but not being able to fight back cos of JW rules definitely made it worse - I certainly could've flattened the girls and at least scared the boy enough to leave me alone.

While I don't think kids should be forced to conform and I don't think the victim should get blamed, but in some cases kids who are bullied leave school and go to another school and are still bullied there - they have to have something about them that makes them a target or unpopular and for their own safety they ought to be helped to become less of a target.

• dh
    dh

i was not bullied at all, but i isolated myself and kept my dealings with most school kids down to the minimum, i was different but they didn't know exactly what my deal was, and i kept it that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit