Abortion...

by Lostreality 215 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I agree that teenagers are better off waiting but if they decide to has sex they should be safe,, that means wearing a condom.

If you wear a condom it can be better sex instead of this wham bam thank you mam sex. If you are too sensitive and you think getting off quick is good you don't know nothing about sex yet.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The concept of Government having some sort of contol over my body gives me the creeps. Me thinks if we had a consevative female controlled Government we would be losing Testicles left and right

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    She went on Depo. A birthcontrol that stops the egg from coming out. Stopping her period, and 99.9% of her getting pregnant. One shot of Depo lasted 3 months. Bad side? Of course there is! Major weight gain. She has fought it off for thepast 3 months, and im not letting her go on it again, because she doesnt like it.

We've had preganancy scares, where she took an ECP, and cried for hours about it, even though it was her choice. We've had spotting, (instead of one, one week period, its small spots of blood, at random points in the month.) But to this point, she isnt pregnant.

Lost reality,

i know haow you and your girlfriend feel. The pill had major side effects for me and so did depo.

I now have a Mirena IUD, Its fantastic. I had a bit of pain for the first few weeks but apart from that nothing. It's cheaper than the pill, in australia anyway, and the best thing is it lasts for 5 years. it is safer than the pill, no human error involved and it slowly slows down your periods, in some cases stops them all together. Major plus for me.

Just some useful information i thought might help.

( sorry just remembered its only recomended for women who have already had kids, just because it's easier to insert. If your interested talk to your doctor.)

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

crazy151drinker....

scary man....very scary to think about losing testicles.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I could never have forgiven myself if I had chosen to abort any of my children. I don't believe in judging others or telling them how to handle their particular situations, however.

I believe full disclosure of the procedure be given. I also believe there should be a required waiting period such as 24-48 hours before the actual procedure.

• jwbot
    jwbot

In Sweden, sex education is really developed. Small children know exactly how sex works and how children are born and everything. Even though the rate of sexual activity in teenages is about the same in the US (somewhat universal actually) the rate of birth is about 5 in 1000 (rather than here, 45+ I think). The idea teenages have about sex is very different, focusing more on monogamy rather than waiting till marriages...and having meaningful relationships rather than abstinence or no relationships at all. Birth control is widely available and used a LOT more. That would be really nice...but with the religious nuts in the government...it will be a long while before we could move towards that system...

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I believe full disclosure of the procedure be given. I also believe there should be a required waiting period such as 24-48 hours before the actual procedure.

I do believe that it is required by law to assure everything is disclosed, to include watching a video and a waiting period is in place in most states.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also those who claim not to be able to afford birth control. I say bull. Having an abortion costs big bucks and if you take the cost of that abortion you could have easily paid for birth control for a few years at least.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Very mixed feelings here. I'm pro-choice I guess, with a caveat. Not as a form of birth-control. Make it EASY for pregnant woman to have access to alternatives, and NO third tri-mester abortions unless the baby is seriously deformed, or the mother is in imminent danger.

... While I realize this is an extreme case, there might be a lot more of them if abortion were outlawed, and for this reason I've come to realize that I am indeed in favor of legal abortion.

It's a horrible dilemma, with only horrible solutions.

Well said, odrade... my feelings exactly.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Cas,

It is to the governments advantage to give out free birthcontrol for all.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Cas,

It is to the governments advantage to give out free birthcontrol for all.

I couldn't agree more!! Considering I'm paying for both girls now. lol Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit