I am so proud of my daughters !

by Puternut 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Puternut
    Puternut

I had my girls over last night for dinner. During the conversation, we talked about a number of things, in where I detected that they have grown up so much in making decisions for themselves that are totally contrary to the borg beliefs and standards. The movies they watch, music they listen to, people they hang out with, parties they go to, video games they play.

I have talked to my girls everyday since last week. I have been df'd for over a year now, and we have been missing each other a lot. They realized that df'd people are not as miserable as the borg makes them out to be. I mentioned several times that I am merely a phone call away. And they are starting to see the benefits of that. They are late teens, and are baptized, and so make their own decisions. They know that my door is never closed to anyone.

Since I've decided to move, they now can't wait to come see me now. We made arrangements for them to come fly out as soon as possible. My oldest who is getting married later this year, at the onset told me I wasn't to be present. Now she wants me to make her design and make her wedding rings for her. She'll be over later today at my studio, and start talking about what she wants. I am tickled pink, I had already had laid a diamond aside for her, just in case.

We had the best time last night, laughing, poking fun at each other, eating sushi (which they never had), and they helped me make it. I even gave them several glasses of plum wine ( my youngest thought it tasted like Robitusson) LMAO. We played cards till late in the evening. Boy, I have missed these family times so much, it's so nice to have things all back to normal again.

Woohoo, just had to share this with you all !!

Love ya,

Puternut

• Odrade
    Odrade

Wonderful, Puternut! So glad to hear it.

Odrade

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    We had the best time last night, laughing, poking fun at each other, eating sushi (which they never had), and they helped me make it. I even gave them several glasses of plum wine ( my youngest thought it tasted like Robitusson) LMAO. We played cards till late in the evening. Boy, I have missed these family times so much, it's so nice to have things all back to normal again.

Woohoo, just had to share this with you all !!

That is so awesome Puter! Family is what life is all about, I'm so glad you didn't give up on them and realized they must be thinking about you and missing you too!

Thanks so much for sharing this whole story with us, awesome and wonderful outcome!

Kate (who has that warm fuzzy feeling)

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

I'm soooooooooooo happy for you

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am thrilled for you Puter.. I know this has to give your kids great joy as well. Parents and children were not meant to be divided!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am so "happy" for you!!!

Glad you had a wonderful time with your daughters!!

Codeblue

• Special K
    Special K

This is wonderful Puternut

I had my fingers and toes crossed for you that they would come for supper and continue back into a relationship with their one and only father.

Super, super super news.

I'm very happy for you.

Enjoy your family.

sincerely

Special K

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Puternut,

several glasses of plum wine ( my youngest thought it tasted like Robitusson)

Gawd, that gave me images of late nights with the spoon in hand trying to coerce a three year old to take the Robitusson. (it was much worse with the asthma medicine) All those good times and bad times.

So glad you have your girls back.

Jst2laws

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... we can "read" your joy ... !!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Congrats puter.....sounds like a funtime had by a dad and his daughters

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit