Day 8, Visit to BRCI

by jst2laws 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello my loyal friends who apparently have little to do in life considering you are reading this thread. Waving We are in Chicago for two days for the BRCI Conference. BRCI? For those new, it stands for Bible Research and Commentary International. It is a non-profit organization set up in about 1985 by Pete Gregerson, Dan Dykstra, Ray Franz, Tom Cabeen and a few others. The group doesn't really exist to do Bible research any longer but they have a good once a year program for hurting and recovering former JW's. They are a Christian group, very educational, maybe a little too "Thankyou Jesus" for some, but they certainly are focused on support of those newly exiting. They have a free hotline, WHY- 1914, one can dial for answers and support. We will stay for just a couple sessions today before hitting the road again. This afternoon Dr. Jerry Bergman will be presenting "From Jehovah's Witness to Atheist and Why Molecular Biology Was Critical in Becoming a Christian". If I get a chance I will try to post a summary to this thread later this evening. Later today we crank up the diesel and turn right until the compass points WEST. Seven day tour to the coast. Hope you all are having a wonderful week-end. Jst2laws

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yes Steve, but how will you be able to drive to England?

There is the small matter of the Atlantic ocean to deal with..

Englishman.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Give my regards to Marilyn Zweifel if she is in attendance.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Cool just 2laws.

anything that starts with a C freaks me out, convention, conferance, whatever.

I am glad you are having a good time. I have to work all day.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Englishman,

Yes Steve, but how will you be able to drive to England?

There is the small matter of the Atlantic ocean to deal with..

Englishman.

Drive? If only we could. The only part of our travels I dread is the trip across the pond, not coming there but GETTING there. Considering are travel at this point is in our 37 foot motor home with couch, kitchen, bathroom, queen size bed in the bedroom - I can barely stand the thought of flying and not being able to straightening my legs, with my elbows tucked into my gut, somebody's 6 year old kicking the back of my seat , not able to move a body part except to turn my head FOR SEVEN HOURS - I need a drink Bum But it has always been worth it for your annual BBQ Jst2laws
  • Englishman
    Englishman
    I can barely stand the thought of flying and not being able to straightening my legs, with my elbows tucked into my gut, somebody's 6 year old kicking the back of my seat , not able to move a body part except to turn my head FOR SEVEN HOURS

No tickets available on a Brit airline then?

Englishman.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Thanks for the info on that conference. It was interesting to find out there is a hot-number for people exiting the JW's......wow!!

Hope you have a wonderful trip to the west coast!!!

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

DanTheMan,

Give my regards to Marilyn Zweifel if she is in attendance.

She was conducting the discussion when we first arrived. I will have to tell her you said hello. And YES, at BRCI women are allowed to teach, oversee sessions, even serve on the board of directors. notperfectyet,

Cool just 2laws.

anything that starts with a C freaks me out, convention, conferance, whatever.

eeewwwhhhh, gave me a chill - "convention", "conference". How about Candy, Cake, calling card, calm, Canada, Chamomile, cannabas, candlelight, carefree, carousel, Casanova, cash, and thats just "ca" Jst2laws

• Simon
    Simon

Cabbage

• Simon
    Simon

Chattenooga Choo Choo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit