Favorite Coffee

by Satanus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi SS,

I have to drink decaf coffee and prefer Starbuck's, but my latest in the last few months is as follows:

Iced Latte Mocha

1 1/2 cups of very strong brewed coffee in blender

1/3 cup dry milk

Some sweetener and sometimes flavoring

Blend a couple of minutes till foamy

Pour over a very tall ice-tea glass full of ice.

Yuuuuummmmmmmyy!

Pat

• Satanus
    Satanus

Patio

Yuuuuummmmmmmyy!

Sounds that way. Here in canada, tim hortons sells iced cappachino that is something like that. It's addictive.

SS

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks SS, but I forgot to add I put cocoa powder in it sometimes to make it mocha. And I brew the coffee in the pot 1st before putting it in the blender, lol. Four scoops for 2 cups, because the ice dilutes it.

Pat

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pat

Yah, chocolate goes really good w coffee, and it has a bit of caffiene in it too.

S

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

That Lebanese and/or Syrian coffee yall are talkin' about is the same as the Greek coffee I was introduced to over in Nicosia, Cyprus. It's a very find grind and can be purchased in a shop that caters to Mid-Eastern clientele....you really don't need the little pot....just pour plain water thru your coffee maker....any boiling hot water will do....the trick is to stir a heaping amount into a tiny cup (or not...could be a BIG cup..heh)....then the Greeks would add sweetened condensed milk to the thick mixture....allow the sediment to drift to the bottom after stirring, if you don't want a mouthful of grounds.

Another international coffee I like can only be made in a glass percolator on the stove....for Swedish Coffee you measure up your water into the percolator, leaving off the basket for grounds....in a small bowl, mix one egg and the amount of coffee you normally use to make a pot of coffee, add a spritz of salt and mix well.....after water in percolator comes to a boil, add the coffee grounds/egg/salt mixture, stirring a little to break it up into clumps....allow to boil until the aroma and color tell you it's done.....set aside and put a handful of ice cubes on top of the mixture....the clumps of coffee/egg mixture will settle to the bottom and the coffee will be very mellow....somehow, it takes all the bitterness out of the flavor.

My personal fav to purchase is the "Godfather" at GrindDaddy's...it's a HUGE mocha cappuchino with a shot of espresso and double shot of chocolate...scrumptious!

For home use, I stick to Yuban...I began using it back in the 60's when we moved to the D.C. area and couldn't buy Maryland Club Coffee up there.....Yuban was the same flavor, so when Maryland Club went belly-up for beginning to produce some really sucky coffee grinds, I switched back to Yuban down here....sometimes hard to find, but a really good flavor.

Frannie B

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Only coffee I really like is at First Street cafe in Salida Colorado

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit