OMG! The Baptists!

by Ghosthunter 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Last night, around 6:00, a couple of well-dressed young men knocked at my door. I didn't think they were JW's, as they weren't carrying bookbags and they didn't have the "Stepford JW" look. But, I made my hub answer the door anyway. They were BAPTISTS! I couldn't believe it! They weren't exactly preaching, but handing out tracts about how all the SINNERS in the world were going to die and to avoid this heinous death you had to go to their church

Running away from all organized religion.........

GH

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Baptists do believe in proselytizing, however their methods of doing so vary from subsect to subsect, or from person to person for that matter.

Were they those cool (in an uncool way) Jack Chick comics they were handing out?

• reganashe
    reganashe

Oh no pleae don't tell me this my mother-in-law is a Baptist!! I don't wanna have to worry if she's going to show up at my door too.

Jas

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I as a Catholic have done some door to door work.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Baptists birthed Adventists who in turn birthed Jehovists - contraception anyone?

• Emma
    Emma
    I as a Catholic have done some door to door work.

Yeru, what did you say to people; what was the point of your field service?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It was three different times, once, the Catholic share of a local ecumenical revival...

second, an outreach to fallen away catholics inviting to Mass

third, in relation to Marion Devotion and trying to dispel myths about catholics "worshipping" Mary.

• Emma
    Emma

Yeru, do you belong to a charasmatic Catholic Church? I know in this area there is one but didn't know anyone went door to door. Is this something that you do on a continuing basis.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Baptists do believe in proselytizing, however their methods of doing so vary from subsect to subsect, or from person to person for that matter.

That is so true. To be honest, I've never heard of Baptists going door to door. I know our church doesn't, nor do any of those in my neighboring area. We typically find other ways to share good in the world and typically it's by method of volunteering or donation.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Lol @ Deleted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit