Looking for a Job and other ramblings

by Yerusalyim 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Celtic,

I know it's no joke, pal. I was just ribbing you a bit. When I was a kid I met an old merchant-marine who had the misfortune of being in the South China Sea where their boat got too close to one of the Spratly Islands. It's really like the old china under the warlords.. pirates, china-white runners, gunboats, and every country and their dog claiming a piece of these little islands, many of which got ..

anyway I'm rambling.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Gita, no worries mate, I guessed you were, see my post on this topic.

Celtic grins with a wicked sparkle of mischief in his eye.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yeru, I just want to say... all politics aside, I truly respect and admire anyone who volunteers to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Whatever and wherever your new assignment is, I hope that it's a fulfilling one for you, and I'm sure that you'll do your duty.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Let me finish my 20 years and get my retirement locked in...I'm actually hunting for a job in the military still.

Hey Yeru

Did you read the last Army Times about security clearences? Is is possible for you to get a TS? The job market would truly open up for you if you could indeed change MOS (if you wanted). Given the nature of your job I'm not sure if you carry and security clearence one or not. With all the 'bear' MOS's out there if you are in one now you could switch and keep any SRBs if you do indeed change to another bear MOS and have several things to do on the outside.

Cassi

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeru

I'm the best at doing my job

I understand that you were/are an instructor, leading teams through some type of training. Is that what you want to do in iraq or afghanastan, or something else?

S

• talesin
    talesin
    I'm trying to get a ride to Iraq or Afghanistan

Please do not wish for that, my friend. Yes, you are strong. But no one needs to participate in the types of things that you may have to if you seek active combat.

Stay here, where you can be of help to those damaged souls who are returning from 'the conflict'.

On a selfish note, I just don't wanna lose you. ;)

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit