Looking for a Job and other ramblings

by Yerusalyim 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

No, I'm not leaving the military, but I am job hunting. Here's the deal My job is as a Small Group Leader for the Advanced NonCommissioned Officer's Course (ANCOC). The Army, as of 1 Oct 04 is canceling phase 1 of ANCOC. What this means is that I'll be idle (have no students in house) for about 9.5 months out of the year...which turns me into an overpaid choagie boy. I'm talking to my Command Sergeant Major today to see if I can't get a job that will keep me a little busier...I'm trying to get a ride to Iraq or Afghanistan...wish me luck.

My wife fell and cracked a rib 10 days ago....she's in a lot of pain. She started a new job that has her feeling a lot better about herself...she's the Vendor Rep with AAFES (the PX). She gets to wear nice clothes to work and doesn't come home smelling like food...so she's happy.

All in all life is good.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I'm trying to get a ride to Iraq or Afghanistan...wish me luck.

What ? ...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

French,

I want to do my part, I was in the first Gulf War, I've trained for this one, and I'm the best at doing my job, I want to go help people...were that MORE people felt this way.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

You know what I mean Yeru ...

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Yeru said:

...which turns me into an overpaid choagie boy.

Google Said:

"Let's cutachoagie." Tim said. " What is cutachoagie?" Patty asked.

Tim explained that it was a Korean-American slang word. Choagie meant to go in Korean. Therefore to cut a choagie was a different way to sat let's go. Patty nodded his head.

I'm Confused still, but it's better than being an Underpaid Choagie Boy, right?
  • Celtic
    Celtic

Yeru, I'm getting tad cheesed off with the gardening business, you wouldn't fancy setting up a company in the South China Seas to stop modern day pirates from boarding vessels and ships would you, only I reckon there must be some very good money in that business. I think I need something more exciting to get my teeth into, you provide the defensive tools of the trade and I'll use my brain on tactics. Let me know what you think.

• Celtic
    Celtic

You might think that I was joking with the above, but it is a very serious issue, here is a link for you to look at http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/pirates.htm

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Well, I dunno about Celtic's suggestion you become a South China Seas mercenary (I hear their boats are a lot of junks.. get it.. I don't get it), but I do hope your wife gets better soon.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Who said anything about mercenary activity, you think I was joking perhaps?

Yeru, for more information on the extent of the problem, plus it's a very very well paid job especially for former military personnel, try google and type in 'anti shipping activities messages', perhaps one day you might have a use for this sort of option which still helps others and protects your countries national interest. All the best to you and your partner!!

Mark

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Celtic,

Let me finish my 20 years and get my retirement locked in...I'm actually hunting for a job in the military still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit