No Review This Sunday 6-27-04 Elderly Ones--Valuable Members...

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

VISITING THE ELDERLY MAY GET WORSE!

Why?

Because in the Watchtower world of perverse incentives, reporting 15 minutes a month makes these older people publishers,

which, in turn, means that YOU CAN'T COUNT YOUR TIME WHEN YOU VISIT THEM!

Don't laugh! I was an elder who saw this happen - and how 'loving letters' were sometimes sent to such ones that

were only motivated by the person needing a few more hours in service.

REMEMBER! CHARITY AND KINDNESS LITERALLY DO NOT COUNT IN the organization. There is no place

for such activity on any field service report.

metatron

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You have noted the clarification (buzzword) and have witnessed the progressive refinement (buzzword) of the visible part of God's organization.

Is this refering to the "New Light" (TM) that another poster's relative mentioned a few weeks ago?

• Scully
    Scully

I find it heart-wrenching that JWs in the same age bracket as my own parents are struggling financially because they were promised that they'd be in the New System? by the time they retired. Consequently, they are scraping by on a small pension (or worse, just what the government gives them automatically) while the price of everything they need keeps growing, and Mother? still expects them to donate regularly.

I suspect that for those elderly JWs who do have a little something tucked away - like a house that they own free and clear that can be liquidated and donated to the WTS or bequeathed to the WTS - are the main ones in the congregations who will be Valued?. After all, if they get pissed off and leave The Truth?, they may end up giving their life savings to someone else!

Love, Scully

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Paragraph 1

one organization calls "the pervading attitude among many people...that older persons have outlived their usefulness, are unproductive and over-dependent."

Can the WTS give us the organization who said this?

Well, they could, but then again they might not want their readers knowing that the quote came from an organization that actually does something to help older persons.

http://www.helpage.org/

Or maybe they don't want to get caught quoting an orginization who is a NGO member of the United Nations.

• Flash
    Flash

one organization calls "the pervading attitude among many people...that older persons have outlived their usefulness, are unproductive and over-dependent."

They probably said it and wont admit it.

Likewise, you can draw sustenance from the waters of Bible truth by your study of God's Word and by association with his organization.

What about personal prayer?? Meeting attendace is better than PRAYER???

Your ready acceptace of the Bible's counsel and your loyal support for "the faithful and discreet slave" and the congregation will have a strengthening effect on the Christian brotherhood.

Bible counsel as they narrowly define it combined with an 'obey without question' attitude toward all in authority!

You have noted the clarification (buzzword) and have witnessed the progressive refinement (buzzword) of the visible part of God's organization.

No, we haven't.

Today's world, characterized by a lack of gratitude, has little time for the elderly.

This has to be the GB complaining about being criticized and not appreciated!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    REMEMBER! CHARITY AND KINDNESS LITERALLY DO NOT COUNT IN the organization. There is no place

for such activity on any field service report.

I remember a sister who was quite ill herself and then caring for her elderly mother who was dying. She lamented the fact to me that she wished she could turn in the hours to the society that she spent caring for her elderly mother, because she had no energy left to go door to door and her hours were very low and she was feeling really guilty on top of feeling burdened by her situation. The mother eventually died and the woman had a nervous breakdown. She was in the mental institution for a while and then she died too--mysteriously (I always suspected suicide). I know this story is a bit of a downer, but it is another one of those from the WT ORG "aren't we ever so joyfully serving Jehovah" Spiritual paradise files.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Blondie, we used to have an afternoon book study for the elderly so they wouldn't have to come out at evening time. Many would be ready for the bed,tired, medicated, etc. by the evening time. Then one of the Elder's, The P.O.got a brainstorm and stopped the afternoon bookstudy and divided the elderly up into six different evening book studies. This was very depressing for them. I showed the body of Elders the KM.which suggested an afternoon bookstudy for the elderly. The P.O.responded that it was only a suggestion, not the rule.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I would not wish to pry them away from the society - a life away from that dream could destroy them.

Well said jnat! I have often thought about this very thing. When I share different things about the society with my mom, I see a sadness in her eyes. She feels only the "truth" is of value to her and to take that away feels like the rug has been pulled from under her.

I often ask myself if I have a right to destroy something that is so valuable and has given meaning to her life. (her words)

I am angered by the treatment of the elderly ones in the congregation. I see a lot of elderly ones who can barely walk and yet they are made to feel guilty if they don't peddle magazines every week.

I have seen many sick elderly ones who are expected to sit through days of hot, sticky and uncomfortable conventions.

This is ELDER ABUSE.

But what can you expect from an organization where the leaders are so out of such with the general public. They don't care. Their needs are well taken care of. What the hell do these old goats understand about the needs of the elderly. They use them. They take their money and then they throw them away like yesterday's garbage.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

full-time Kingdom publisher struggle regularly conducted Bible studies remain faithful promised new world draw sustenance Bible truth study of God's Word association with his organization attending and participating in congregation meetings and by sharing in the field ministry ready acceptance of the Bible's counsel loyal support for "the faithful and discreet slave" discouraged Today's world

Same phrases and buzzwords as always

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The carrot: And if you remain faithful, he will grant you a place in his promised new world.

It's a carrot alright! The amazing thing is that it's accepted as "Bible truth"! On the one hand they state that "living forever" is a "free gift", then they say you have to earn it!!

Now I wonder how many of them Borgmeisters ever 'gave' a gift to someone and then told the happy recipient that they'd have to "earn it"!!!! Shades of gangsterism, eh?

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit