No Review This Sunday 6-27-04 Elderly Ones--Valuable Members...

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Objectively this is a kind nod of respect to elderly JWs and is getting a lot of members to reach out to the aged. However...

The fact is these elderly are The Generation, the Millions Now Living Who Will Never Die. At that same time they were called to be Jehovah's Witnesses (1935). They were lied to with these "Bible Truths":

1.) Generation doctrine was dumped and the scripture (Matthew 24:34) is not even mentioned in the new booklet Keep on the Watch.

2.) There are not even 1 million, not to mention "millions" that have survived from 1935 as faithful JWs.

Now they are asked to perjure themselves as "witnesses" again - witnesses for what?

"You have noted the clarification of Bible truths and have witnessed the progressive refinement of the visible part of God's organization." (par 17)

There is no clarification/refinement here. These elderly were sold down the river and now are lined up for the grave. The only consolation is that their heads were buried long ago - in the sand that is.

May they rest in peace.

• wednesday
    wednesday

my personal experience with this- my own mother was treated with great disrespect, seldom acknowledged. People did not visit her in the nursing home ,save 2-3 and they expected my sincere gratitude for doing it. Her own son, a jws, harldy ever vistied her, and haughtly told me to get her to the meetings, it would not help me, ( i would die at the big A anyhow) but she wanted to go. Had i not taken her to the sunday meeting, she would have seldom saw a jws. she beggged her son to come see her, but he was, get this, helping some elderly in his own cong. Few came to her funeral, and i for one will never set foot in a KH again. JWS are lying dogs, and only help those they favor.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Paragraph 1

one organization calls "the pervading attitude among many people...that older persons have outlived their usefulness, are unproductive and over-dependent."

Can the WTS give us the organization who said this?

Good question. This example reminds me of the vast number of ambiguous unreferenced quotes in the WT publications. These unreferenced quotes would seem to support whatever information or viewpoint they are espousing. I always just assumed that they did not reference their sources due to legalities. That they might not have permission to use the quote from the original published source and this was merely their way of getting around that. But I now suspect that really is not the case. Are there any legal reasons why the WTBTS could not state the source of such quotes . . . anybody?

Corvin

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

Hi Corvin: you can find by Google the following passage:

http://www.globalaging.org/elderrights/world/abuse.htm

so the WTS might have taken this expression from this org that focusses Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit