Which books.......

by Lehaa 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Edmond C. Gruss. Apostles of Denial: an examination and expose' of the history, doctrines and claims of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Philadelphia, Presbyterian & Reformed,

Anthony J Hoekema. Jehovah's Witnesses. Eerdmans.

W.J. Schnell. Thirty Years a Watch Tower Slave. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Book House.

W.C. Stevenson. The Inside Story of Jehovah's Witnesses. New York: Hart Pub. Co., Inc.

Valerie Tomsett. Released from the Watchtower. Fort Washington, Pa.: Christian Literature Crusade.

Barbara Grizzuti Harrison. Visions of Glory. New York: Simon & Schuster.

Louise D'Angello.The Catholic Answer to the Jehovah's Witnesses: A Challenge Accepted. Meridian, Conn.: Maryheart Catholic Information Center, Inc.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My list of books

• Churches That Abuse by Enroth
    • Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan
    • Releasing the Bonds by Steven Hassan
    • Healing Spiritual Abuse By Ken Blue
    • Recovering From Churches That Abuse by Ronald Enroth
    • Subtle Power Of Spiritual Abuse by Johnson & Vanvonderen
    • Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave by W. J. Schnell
    • Captive Hearts, Captive Minds by Tobias, M.L., & Lalich, J.
    • Crisis of Conscience (3rd Ed.) by Franz, R.
    • In Search of Christian Freedom by Franz, R.
    • Disappointment with God by Yancey, P.
    • Gospel of Shame by Burkett, E. & Bruni, F.
    • How to Rescue your Loved One fron the Watchtower by Reed, R.
    • Moonwebs: Journey into the Mind of a Cult by Freed, J.
    • Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses by Botting, G. & Botting, H.
    • Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness Watchtower by Diane Wilson
    • Emotional Blackmail by Susan Forward
    • Toxic Parents by Susan Forward

Read the last two having the WTS as the abusers/controllers

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks for all those suggestions, will definately give some of those a read. Esspecially the ones by R. Franz.

Looks like I will be very busy for a while. If i dissapear of the board for a while don't worry, will be busy reading. Don't worry could never stay away for to long, would miss all of you too much.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Ok, i need help. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Crisis Of Concience in Australia, I've been trying to track one down all day and I can't get one. Tried Ebay with no luck. A book store thinks that they may be able to get in it , if they can it will take about 6 weeks.

Help!!!!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

You can buy it from Amazon.com. I think they ship to your folks underneth the world. :-)

Remember, truth is found inside you, not in a book.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi! You may try www.amazon.com they should have C of C , and many others, and I believe they ship worldwide, and they oftentimes carry used ones at a discount price.

As for me, the book that helped me out the most when I left the Borg was.......The Joy of Sex!!! Tehehehehe

BTW-You can't leave, we are just getting to know you!!!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

The only problem with Amazon.com is I don't have a credit card, won't let myself have one. Too much of a shopper.

As for me, the book that helped me out the most when I left the Borg was.......The Joy of Sex!!! Tehehehehe
    Funnily enough my mum made me go out and buy that book before I got married. She even covered it in contact and all. She now borrows it from time to time. She's a great mum.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I read a book while taking a college research course that was probably the beginning of the end.

"Evaluating Information, A guide for users of Social Science Research,"

Authors Katzer, Cook & Crouch.

In very simple terms the book explained the many tricks writers use to manipulate the reader. After reading the book I was able to pick up on the many writing tricks used by the society...Things were never the same after that.

I also have to mention Any Rand's "We the Living." It was shocking to see how similar the Soviet Union's strategy was to the society in controlling the masses.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Just checked Amazon, and they take international payments in the form of a check Debit card with Visa logo, and also postal money orders with the denomination in US dollars. Hope this helps....

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks, definately will. You must have read my mind i was just about to check that myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit