Did you ever defend the Borg?

by dorothy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

When I was a dub i believed the propaganda that all 'apostates' wanted to go to heaven and be the boss.My impressions were of a haughty apostate buffoon who 'comes on down outta da mountain' as a chosen, anointed by god leader.For the first 5 years post exit, I was afraid to speak against them ( dissonance)That's how much they had me hooked.

The bonds of the cult cocoonment are strong;> Why Disfellowshipped Persons Often Defend the Watchtower

Read his story in the Maine Times [text version] I was raised 3rd generation X 33 years.I'll call myself a 'typical God fearing indoctrinated devout JW. It took 5 years to accept and resolve in my heart that they are a man made false,'fraud in the name of God' ripoff religious racket. My exit date was January 5th 1992 I'm still rebuilding.
  • Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I defend the JW's when your generalizing them as uninteligent. But I usually fuel in the negativity when We talk about the WTS saying crap about a crap subject.

• RR
    RR

I left over ten years ago, but even then I knew the organization wasn't perfect, I could see the politics, and the doctrinal errors. Back then before the 'net, few knew about the internal problems of the Society. So I basically defended their doctrines, and I was a history buff,so I could straighten out any misleading information.

Today, I still defend them to a degree, especially when morons make such assinine statements that has no semblance of truth to it. My thought is, the Society has enough skeletons in their closets, that we don't need to be making things up. It only makes us look foolish, and feeds on the Society description of apostates.

RR

• Deleted
    Deleted

Oh yes, very much so. Especially at the beginning and honeymoon period. Quite arrogantly too. Looking back it was very much a "me thinks that I protested too much".

• gumby
    gumby
    Misleading or sensationalistic statements can only serve to lend credibility to the statements JWs make about those who leave them. Provable documented facts work better than sensationalism. Many of their own writings are good for that.

Walter

That's the most prolific thing I've ever heard you say.....ya sick basturd

Gumby

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Yeah---I'm guilty too!

I was SUCH a good, loyal little jerk!

I even tried to defend the WTS when I "stumbled" onto H20---and got my ears pinned back---HARD! LOL!

Within six months---I left a 30-year "association" with the WTS---and heeeeere I AM!

hugs,

Annie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Oh God yes, I used to be such a dweeb...AND most of the time my aguments (in defense of) didn't even make sense to me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit