Just got Crisis of Conscience

by bull01lay 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tmo
    tmo

MJ

I would suggest you read the book and try to understand the arguments with a view to presenting them to your wife. Ask her questions designed to show the shortcomings of the WTS doctrine. Perhaps this way you could prepare her mind to accept what is said. It will take time. Good Luck!

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Thanks for the feedback all.....

Just won 30 years a watchtower slave on Ebay - less than $5 usd!! Looks like I've got some readin' to do........

Bull!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    She said she read a few passages and that supposedly what she read was really terrible. I'm not sure what she specifically meant by that but I kind of dropped the subject. I'm wondering if I should try and persuade her to read the book

Unless she's having doubts about the organisation she probably won't read it. Unfortunately it's all part of the mind control, at meetings they are petled with the idea that anything not published byt the WBTS is a heap of lies and any one that writes anything else must be controlled by Satan the Devil.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa
    I've enjoyed it so far, and am glad to see how respectful Ray Franz was in his writing, with no 'outright attacks' on the WTBTS.

You just made up my mind, I've been thinking of reading it but at the moment could not handle anything that 'oughtrightly attacks' the society. A little emotionally raw at the monent.

Thanks

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi Lehaa,

Glad you found the info encouraging enough to help you make your decision....

My nerves are still raw after 11/12 yrs, and I find it goes against the grain to speak disrespectfully, or against, the WTBTS. I guess I don't want particularly to become an anti witness vocalist; I'm hoping that with enough information / evidence, I can finally commit some of my my memories and fears to the waste disposal, and chip in now and again on the board with a more 'balanced' view.

Looking forward to discussing these books in the future, and hoping to find peace of mind....

Bull!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I enjoyed the book very much.
    Now, I'm trying to figure out ways to get my folks to read it.

Country

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

O.K. I haven't read it yet. Where do I order it and how much?

• FairMind
    FairMind

I have read Crisis of Conscience, ISOCF, Thirty Years a WT Slave and Apocalypse Delayed. I found both COC and AD to be fascinating reading. ISOCF was very informative but a bit too religious for me. The Author of Thirty Years a WT Slave came across as very, very bitter but I would still recommend reading this book for a historical perspective of the WTBTS.

Reading these books and agreeing with what they say does not mean that a JW will cease to be a JW (as in my case). What it has done for me is remove my spiritual blinders and confirm what I suspected for years about the Fascist nature of the organization. If I ever find a religion I think is actually the ?Truth? I?ll join it. In the meanwhile, I?ll sit tight and keep my wife, daughters, grandkids and friends

FM.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Changed my life! I had doubts before I read C of C but that book put the nail in the coffin!!!! Great book! and I love his attitude and how he handled the writing of it. If possible he wrote it in a loving way!!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Who else has read it, and what are your thoughts ???

I thought everyone on this board had read it. It is the apostate primer. I guess I was wrong. Of course, I was out for 25 years before I read it, but it just confirmed what I already suspected about the WTS.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit