Just got Crisis of Conscience

by bull01lay 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Just got my mail order copy of Crisis of Conscience... got to chapter 2 in the first 20 mins!!!

Who else has read it, and what are your thoughts ???

I've enjoyed it so far, and am glad to see how respectful Ray Franz was in his writing, with no 'outright attacks' on the WTBTS.

Bull!

• FMZ
    FMZ

It's a beautiful book mate... and yes, I agree that Franz has a great attitude and style of writing considering the content matter.

FMZ

• sandy
    sandy

The second half of the book I found most interesting.

Happy Reading!

• badboy
    badboy

Truly amazing reading!

• new light
    new light

Great book. Reading it gives you a big boost in confidence in your decision to exit. It's also a great reference as everything is well-documented. Ray's "voice" also says a lot. This book is not vengeful sensationalism, it's a sincere exposure of truth. ISOCF is just as important, as it deflates every major JW doctrine, in the same humble, factual manner. These books are a must read for any JW victim.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My first copy went MIA before I had a chance to read it. I just received my second one on Friday and am about half way through. Great book!

I just got a notice that my copy of 'Apocalypse Delayed' is waiting for me at the post office, so I'll pick it up today.

Walter

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi new light...

ISOCF is just as important, as it deflates every major JW doctrine

'scuse my ignorance.... what is ISOCF ???

Also, does anyone know anything about this book - Thirty Years a Watch Tower Slave - The Confessions of a Converted Jehovah's Witness - by W. J. Schnell

Cheers,

Bull!

• talesin
    talesin

In Search of Christian Freedom is the title, Bull.

t

• badboy
    badboy

I have got Thirty years a WT slave.

He joined around WW1,ended up at BROOKLYN and left.

• onintwo
    onintwo

Read Ray's book about two years ago. One of the most striking things to me was how the GB decides matters by voting on them. They go with a super majority. That's how "new light" emerges! Then when one of the body is replaced and the new guy sees things slightly differently than the guy he's replacing, the vote can swing in a new direction. Aha!.... New Light!

Tried to talk to my bro about this last weekend. He's a diehard dub and woudn't hear any of it. Says that when the GB meet in session they "all speak in agreement". I ask him then "why have a Body of Elders" as it were, when they could get by with just one man. If there's to be no discussion and no dissent. Of course, he's got no answer but the Party Line.

Onintwo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit