Any Morrissey Fans out there??

by Eyebrow2 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sirona
    Sirona

Heck Dolph....I admit it....I'm a HUGE fan too.

I love mozzer. Like Pleasuredome, his music can uplift me because its so damned funny!

Sirona

• dolphman
    dolphman

People always say he's depressing but his music is more inspiring than anything. He takes depressing situations and with his wit and introspection turns them into triumphs. Most people can't figure that out because most people don't have the depth it takes to understand it. That's why we're constantly bombarded by the Britney Spears and Nsyncs of the world, because most people are too dumb to know they deserve better music.

Mozz made pop that was on par with reading a good novel. No one else has done that.

--dolph

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Mozz made pop that was on par with reading a good novel.

Great analogy. I agree. I LOVE the irony in his lyrics. Even "America, your belly's too fat" just cracked me up. I've always been a big Morrissey and The Smith and The Cure fan. I think they all pretty much go hand and hand. I've gotten the opportunity to see him live a couple of times, and the comradery among the crowd is like nothing I've seen at any other show. Everyone keeps saying "he looks so old". Well news flash, he is getting older, doesnt change his voice.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Dolph

I couldn't agree more. It annoys me when ppl say that he is depressing etc. The lyrics address real issues in a REAL way.

What are you fav songs and lyrics? I remember Hairdresser on fire, I love that song. "Can you squeeze me into an empty page of your diary, and psychologically save me? I've got faith in you" and "a client over cautious, he made you nervous, and when he said "I'm gonna sue you" well I really felt for you" LOL

But one of my fav songs is Cemetary Gates....and I love Bigmouth strikes again. As far as Morrissey songs, I love Interesting Drug and the Boxer.

Sirona

• dolphman
    dolphman

Wow. "Hairdresser on Fire" is my favorite Morrisey song. Funny you like it too. I love the chorus:
    "You're just too busy, busy busy, busy clippers...". I love the fact he tied in the clippers with the song. Yeah that is a beautiful song.

Here are my top Fav Morrisey songs:

Every Song on "Viva Hate" (note: Morrisey has said he doesn't particuarly love this album)

Love Life

We hate it when our friends become succesful

November spawned a monster

SMITHS

There is a light that never goes out

Girlfriend in a coma

Panic

Ask

That joke isn't funny anymore

Last night I dreamt somebody loved me

• Matty
    Matty

If you got the copy with the cardboard sleeve - that?s the limited edition with the DVD - later pressings will have a conventional case. It's kinda irritating because it's too tall to fit on my CD rack - typical Morrissey eccentricity!

Love the album ? the Moz is definitely back!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

he is definately still the bomb....my fav album is Bonda Drag...I love every song on that album, but Every day is like Sunday is my absolute favorite.

I agree, his songs are like listening to short novels...he always has something interesting to say.

I don't have any of The Smiths albums...my older brother used to listen to them a lot...I must track some down.

I have seen the cure twice in concert...hope to again when they come down here in August...then I can say I have seen them over three decades!! woohooo

I was sooooo sad when they cancelled the loopalooza tour too...I never thought I would have a chance to see Morrissey and Sonic Youth...now I don't think I ever will (sigh, moan, pout, cry)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit