Any Morrissey Fans out there??

by Eyebrow2 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I recently bought his new CD "You are the Quarry". I was a bit disapointed that there was no case with it...just in card board sleeve...I guess he is cheap in his old age hahah.

It is a pretty decent album...he sounds the same as he did when I first started listening to him in the early 90s....I saw his video for "Irish Blood, English Heart" and was shocked...he has aged!!! How DARE he look his age..he looks good, still handsome...but not the hottie he was when I was 20....sigh. He was doing the same swaying dance thing he used to do in his videos in the earlier days....it just doesn't work any more sigh.

Just another damned reminded that I am old. Any other Morrissey fans out there? I was going to see him 13 years ago but my dad died the night before the concert. So I associate him a lot with my dad.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Got his album Suedehead. I def. need to be in a gloomy mood to like him, but since I am often gloomy, thats cool . My fav. on that album is "Interlude" ....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm sure there's a few out there somewhere... poor people...

I've always had a problem dealing with the miserable sod. Johnny Marr (his guitarist in the Smiths) is a different story.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I thought his new album was a bit of a disappointment too. He no longer sounds "melancholy" as much as he sounds "bitter". Not sure if it's the aging thing or not, but it was still a disappointment. As for his looks...I think he's better looking now than back then. He was pretty hot back then, but he seems "handsome" now. Kind of like Robert Redford is better looking older.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I love Morrissey!!! I went to a concert he did in Chester I think that was in '99 and he was FANTASTIC

He has aged but he is still gorgeous. Did you see the interview on Jonathan Ross? He was great. The new CD does have a hard case (mine does anyway) and I think its a great album.

Sirona

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes i love morrisey's music. i have to say that i find his songs amusing rather then miserable.

• Valis
    Valis

I like his new album..The first one I can see Simon dancing around to...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• scotsman
    scotsman

He is begining to look like someone's dad. I've seen him a few times in concert, even been involved in a fight for his sweat soaked top that he threw into the audience, so yes ladies and gentlemen, I have tasted Mozzer's sweat, and it was good!

I found it a bit embarressing when he was interviewed both by Jonathan Twat Ross and Jools Holland. I like him to sing and be enigmatic, not a middle aged teenager.

Favourite on this album... Hector's damned catchy.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I enjoyed some of the stuff he did with the "Smiths' in the mid 80's, especially on the "Meat is Murder' Album. Marr is a very tight guitarist and penned his vocal very well, but I must say that since Morrissey went solo he lost my ear.

Unless someone sprinkles stardust on a pointed head, it is hard to stay bright for very long. Many songwriters hit the right chemical mix between, band, era and creativity, they then spend the rest of their lives trying to recreate this mix in one way or the other. What can you say, that is their job.

HS

• dolphman
    dolphman

I'M A HUGE FAN. I LOVE MORRISEY.

He's the first singer to ever make pop music literary. His wit is incredible. Johnny Mar was a great guitarist, but even without him Morrisey still shines. For people who complain he just isn't as good without the Smiths backing him up, they simply need to spend a little more time with him. I admit I didn't like it at first, but it grows on you with time.

I've seen him 3 times, and gave him my t-shirt once. He's my Elvis.

Lollapalooza this year had him as a headlining act, but the tour was cancelled. Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

As far as looking old goes, he's still quite handsome, he just shouldn't flail too much on stage. He's too sophisticated looking for that now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit