Fear of Flying because of heights

by kls 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Mt sister recently asked me to go on a cruise but to get to the ship ( not sure which one yet ) we have to take a plane to get there. No i am not really scared of the plane crashing ( well sorta ) but i have a fear of heights, who has this fear ? I have never flown and the thought is making me sick. Help

• Ranch
    Ranch

You can pretend you are on a bus or train. But don't look out of the windows or it won't work.

• Puternut
    Puternut

I have been flying since I was 3 months old. I loved every flight and have absolutely no fears of it. It's safer than motor vehicles and the odds of crashing are very low. These days with the FAA regulations, it is about the safest it has been. But DO look out the windows, you won't believe the sight you'll see. Especially when you go through the clouds. It's a sight to see.

Puternut

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

KLS, I love to fly! It's so exciting to me. I've even flown in the little cesna planes. But what I absolutely hate is flying overseas, because it takes 11-15 hours sometimes. I get terrible anxious having to sit in one spot for so long. So what I do is take a bottle of Nyquil with me. As soon as I get on the plane I take a couple doses of Nyquil and maybe a glass of wine to wash it down. Then I put on my eye mask and sleep for several hours. By the time I wake up, there's about and hour left and I spend it watching tv. And I might add, I avoid jet lag that way as well.

p.s. most of todays planes are equiped with many channels of tv shows and new movies, with individual tv sets. It's much easier to fly now than in the older days with one pull down movie screen in the front.

• Ranch
    Ranch

I should have added that I am also a fan of flying. Take off is my favorite part. I also like looking out of the windows.

Here's a link to a free online fear of flying course.

http://www.fearofflyinghelp.com/

Hope it helps.

• Ranch
    Ranch

Oh! Here's a great link to fear of flying resources.

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/fear.htm

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi! I too am afraid of heights, 10 ft. on a ladder scares me, but being on a plane does not bother me at all. once in the air, you will see a bird's eye view of real beauty. It will be a treat for you! Consider it a fun experience. Yes, takeoff too gives you a real "Rush", in itself a neat feeling!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Fancy coming sky diving with me one day KLS?

• bisous
    bisous

I would LOVE to skydive, I have always wanted to try....

Parachute

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I absolutely love flying, no matter what kind of fear is out there...and yes, I have sky dived, and it is awsome, I highly recommend it to get over your fears. I'm afraid of water, so I got my Scuba certification, great experience....and I'm afraid every time I get into the water....the fear never really diminishes, it's really a matter of mind over matter.

I do have friends that are very much afraid of flying and a lot of them take an anti-anxiety pill....you may want to ask your doctor about that...really.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit