Fear of Flying because of heights

by kls 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• mustang
    mustang

Let's see (all on different flights): had a battery explode in flight, blew a tire on landing, sucked a rock into the prop on take-off.... Fear of height = no factor!!! (don't have time for it)

Mustang

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I don't generally have a fear of heights but I don't like climbling very tall ladders. (I have made a number of free fall parachute jumps but ladders are far more scary.) However, I have never found flying to generate the same fears. Even in very small planes I have found there is a sense of enclosure and unreality. If you are not uncomfortable looking out windows of tall buildings flying won't scare you. Otherwise, as others have suggested, don't look out the windows.

Thirdson

PS I hate flying. The thrill was lost after I started consulting and flew regularly. It's just tedious.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It is not heights I am afraid of... or even falling... it's the sudden stop at the bottom that scares me!

*** Splat!!! ***

• FMZ
    FMZ

Flying is the most amazing experience I have had... I have a fear of heights too, but that fear doesn't really translate when you are in a plane (strangely enough)... seriously, go for it, it really is awe inspiring.

FMZ

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Thats silly, the floor of the plane is only a foot and a half or so below the seat!

• kls
    kls

I am not sure if you guys made me feel better or worse,just reading your post make my stomach sick. Skydiving? are you crazy? Hell no.What does the airline do when people freak out. I don't think i can do it,i have read the book Fear Of Flying,but it did not help along with the fact i just finished reading it before 9/11. Isn't there another way to get to a cruise ship.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

kls I have a fear of heights. But I have absolutely no problem flying. I can even look out the window of an airplane just to look down at the beautiful terrain below.

Go on the trip and have a great time.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit