Recent Changes In Me...

by FMZ 32 Replies latest jw friends

• FMZ
    FMZ

I seem to have been asked a lot lately why I have changed so much since the Dallas apostafest. I agree I have been through some changes lately, quite major ones even.

I am still not completely sure when exactly I changed, whether it was in Texas, before the fest, or after the fest, but I am certainly glad my changes show to all you beautiful people. I guess changing the very foundation of my life itself does have an impact on the exterior .

You see, over the past year, I have been looking for the truth about life, possibly even the very meaning of it. And, as mentioned in a previous topic, I believe I have found the meaning of my life. And that meaning is love. The other thread took a religious turn, so I will limit the spreading of my beliefs to only saying that I have the Biblical character known as Jesus for that.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't see the world through rose-tinted glasses! In fact, possibly even the opposite is true. The world is a disgusting place filled with murder, war, starvation, selfishness, and hate. The world has been this way for thousands of years, but in all that time, there are beacons of light in the darkness. Throughout history it has been proved that only in love and selflessness can we do our part to make the world a little better, and in doing so, we will be turned into another of those lighthouses of love.

I am glad that people "see" the love I feel daily for everyone and everything. Hopefully my change will be a good way of demonstrating what sheer love can do for you. All I ask is that you just make sure that you let your love flow freely... to your family, that homeless guy you see around town, the old lady who drops a bag of groceries outside the store, even your enemies. As Gandhi... d'oh, I mean Gumby, said in his words of wisdom, "[It is] important to stay close. We never know if they will be here tomorrow".

Regardless of what you believe, if you do a good deed then the world is a better place for it.

Hmmm, it feels like I am cutting this short, but I just realized I can't put my feelings into words that do them justice, so I will leave it at this for now and see what comes to mind later. Seems so incomplete.

(No wonder that Jesus dude used all sorts of illustrations to try to explain what he was talking about, he didn't know how to put it any other way!)

Always in love.

FMZ

• Valis
    Valis
    The world is a disgusting place filled with murder, war, starvation, selfishness, and hate.

don't forget pinching!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Pro-FMZ" class

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This is awesome, FMZ!! Exactly as I try to live. My philosophy is not to let what others do to me dictate how I respond.

I just realized I can't put my feelings into words that do them justice,

I think you did a very good job.

• gumby
    gumby

What I want to know is.....hows come you two bastards are up this late? I'll bet Valis has on his coors trunks and his dingers hangin out.

FMZ...ya little sentimental bastard you. You have found the pot of gold under the rainbow, the pearl of great prize, the diamond in the stones, the colas on the tip of the plant....

You will be happy if you can keep this perspective. Jesus said there is more happiness in giving. If you give love, you will recieve love......that's how it works. It doesn't work every time for some and that is sad. Some give their hearts to others and are rejected by those same ones, but that doesn't mean love doesn't work.....it means it didn't work on that person. Some get burned so bad they are afraid to love.

Does this mean at the next fest if we room together again, you'll promise to kiss me instead of just hugging me all the time?

Gumby

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Uhh, what, you lost me.........................

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    The world is a disgusting place filled with murder, war, starvation, selfishness, and hate. The world has been this way for thousands of years, but in all that time, there are beacons of light in the darkness

Look for them and keep them close.

• talesin
    talesin

FMZ

I didn't think you had changed. It just seemed to me that the loving nature of FMZ had intensified, and gone through a natural evolution due to participation in a love fest of sorts.

tal

of the 'agrees with FMZ' class

• FMZ
    FMZ

Valis:

I'm not sure I'd rank pinching with war and famine... it is much worse..

Tatiana:

Sounds like you know how to let the love flow... keep it up!

Gumby:

Exactly mate, sometimes it doesn't come back as we expect, sometimes it plain ol' doesn't come back. Either way, it's all worth it. And if we room again at the next fest, we'll see how it goes, you know, don't want to take things too fast. We can still canoodle though... lol

Forty:

Life 101: Love everyone as you want to be loved. It's all good mate. And Columbo rocks!

XW:

Definitely... what use are the beacons if we are too far away to use them and learn from them?

Edited to add

Talesin:

I'm glad you saw me in that way, I never even realized... As for the "love fest"... you have noooooo idea...

FMZ

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Life 101: Do unto others as they do unto you.

Friends are rare and I dont have any, just a few people in my life that I share close moments with.

I've gotten screwed by JW Witness friends, by Worldly Friends, so I'm like the road Warrior with my German Shepard combing the wasteland.

• new light
    new light

I agree wholeheartedly, FMZ! It's good to see you've found a belief that makes you happy. It's the same belief that changed my outlook for the better. Man, if only I had discovered real love at your age, who knows where I'd be now? Oh well, better late than never. Thanks for sharing your goodness with us, bro.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit