Recent Changes In Me...

by FMZ 32 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ya, i am up for an improvement to scientific method. one that improves our ability to look at "reality", and to self-correct. personally, i wouldn't want to see it merge with something that is unfalsifiable.

however, i personally quite enjoy the philosophy of science. the implications of what we know and how we know it. they are really heady sometimes, especially when you start thinking about the implications of evolution (universe wide) and super string theory (multiverse wide).

it's funny, some of most openminded people to change and implication are actually the scientists themselves. it's the general public who can't seem to get out of the 20th century's approach to tidy empiricism, and accept that there are some implications from certain discoveries that will just bend your mind in ways that it has never been experienced before. a messy empiricism. nature is more than the sum of her parts. everything is god, including nothing. so it doesn't matter. but it not mattering is what gives it meaning. yin & yang.

/over/

ts

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Here's something I'd like to add to this discussion:

FMZ, you absolutely rock, man. I always know that when I read your posts, I'm going to walk away with a smile on my face- sometimes a big old silly grin, other times a bemused little smile of introspection. It's all good.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am a changed man since the Wisconsin Apostacheesebeerfest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit