Can we say anything good about the WTS?

by iiz2cool 28 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I'm trying to develop a more positive attitude, so I'm trying to look for the good in everything, even the WTS. I think JWs are good for the economy because:

1. They spend money in Tim Hortons which provides employment for people and helps boost the economy. Coffee growing nations would suffer without them.

2. The pulp and paper industry would suffer a severe setback if the WTS suddenly stopped publishing literature. Forests would not be harvested, and would grow unchecked. They would encroach on our cities.

3. JWs are probably the world's largest consumers of polyester suits.

4. Driving around in circles while looking for Return Visits? uses gas and increases wear and tear on automobiles. This is good for the automotive industry and oil companies.

5. They keep Office Depot in business by buying meeting cases, service bags, return visit books, paper, pens, etc.

6. Tassels. Per capita, Jehovah's Witnesses probably have more tassels on their shoes than any other group of people. If they all suddenly became inactive thousands of unemployed tassel makers, probably in third world countries, would likely starve.

7. Pioneers. If all these pioneers suddenly began working full time there would be fewer jobs for the rest of us.

8. Lack of education. Their lack of education leaves the best jobs for the rest of us.

Well, it took me a while to come up with all this, but I knew if I put forth a strenuous effort I could possibly come up with something good to say about them.

Walter

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

YES!!

if it werent for them, we wouldnt have this great group of people to support us

HOW ABOUT THAT!!!

sinamon

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

What I like best is they have $200 billion in assets available,to pay out damage claims.

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

u r 2 much danny!!!!

LOL

sinamon

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    What I like best is they have $200 billion in assets available,to pay out damage claims.

Hmmmmm, I'd like a cut of that.... Walter

• kls
    kls

Ahhh, well, ahhh, there's ahh. ,,,,,,,,nope

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

They are based in New York and not Texas. Bug

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

They are the only group that has been successful at getting lawyers to take a vow of poverty!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I vow of poverty for lawyers? That i can't confirm or deny.

The engine that drives a non prophet cult is the 3 P's : Power,Prestige and the Perk of robbing the cradle for a marriage mate.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm thinking.. can I get back to you on this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit