When do the nightmares end?

by EyeDrEvil 32 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

My nightmares happen when I am awake.

I am afraid to leave the dead alone and for me to be alone in death. I fear death is the end.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    I am afraid to leave the dead alone

You don't leave them alone ..? What do you do with them?

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was watching Patch Adams. When all the people left the coffin at the gravesite.............she was left alone. A person just walked away from. That makes me sad. I would have a hard time walking away from the coffin of my child or my mate. Or envisioning myself being left all alone.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I see Sally. You know how the Borg had the saying millions now living will never die, but we might rightly say millions now dying will never live. There is a story of a zen master who was about to die, and it was customary to write a death poem, but he didn't write one. When one of his students asked about this, he said: "Hasn't my life been enough of a death poem for you?"

Life isn't to be preserved, its to be lived. You get a sense of what I'm saying? It doesn't matter if this isn't totally clear and logical. Sometimes it takes a lot just to get the basic sense across, if I got that far then that's enough.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: BUT... There is the recurring problem of nightmares and random thoughts of panic and fear which will pop up unexpectedly...Fears of death, armageddon, home invasions, etc.

Home invasions happen randomly to many people and they have nothing to do with beliefs or religion. Nothing we can do about that. Armageddon is a fantasy. Death is a fact. Nothing to panic about. Those are the facts.

Get on with living. There is no better advice you can get than that. And snap to it! Before long you'll be as old as me! You'll still die, though. Get used to it. It is the only FACT about life that is universal.

Farkel

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Hello, Sally!

It was just a movie.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Speaking of the movie, I loved the part where his roommate tells him about some prestigious award and he turns around and goes: "Patch Adams, Emerson Elementary. I once drew a picture of a rabbit that got 2 gold stars."

• Swan
    Swan

I had many nightmares; some of a recurring nature. They involved being forced to go to a meeting or assembly or acts of violence and mayhem perpetrated on me, usually by my family members. Fortunately my physician realized that these nightmares were a symptom of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in my case and referred me to counseling. Counseling has helped a lot in this regard. Eventually the nightmares lessened and now I have them very infrequently.

After they virtually stopped I gain perspective and came to realize that the dreams of my family members stabbing me, cutting off my fingers, and other acts of mayhem were symbolic of my family cutting me off from contact. At the time I was going through them though, they were very disturbing and their meaning was lost on me.

I don't know if your wife has PTSD, but it certainly is consistent with the experiences she was subjected to. Your physician should be able to recommend a good mental health therapist for her if these bad dreams are indeed symptoms of PTSD in her case as well.

Tammy

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    The Nightmares are healthy; they are the monsters of the ID breaking free from all the mumbo jumbo you've been told all your life. Once they break out of their unconscious prison and run away they just don't ever come back. I find I'm not longer afraid of the dark and can't get scared in horror movies anymore! It is all nonsense now and not boogeymen demons spying on me!

It is wonderful to be free. Rejoice in it. Embrace the fleeing nightmares and kiss them goodbye.

Terry

Enoyed your post Terry--great insight--would love to hear more from you. I still have nightmares, but not as many as I did when I first left the Org.

cybs

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

As Special K said, Releasing the Bonds by Steven Hassan is a great book for helping you to understand why you are still being controlled. It doesn't take long when you study mind control to get the lice out of your hair, and it will not come back. You can get a copy at:

http://www.freeminds.org/sales/books.hm

Also there are some good files to read up at: http://www.freeminds.org/psych/psych.htm

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit