Please tell me what you think.....................

by Gideon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

SO, IF YOU ARE NOT ASSOCIATING WITH THE WBTS & MEMBERS AND ONLY THEM, DEATH AT THE HANDS OF A FORMER FRIEND, IS TO BE EXPECTED.

HOW MUCH OF THIS THINKING WOULD BE REQUIRED TO CAUSE SOMEONE TO BELIEVE ,KILLING SOME ONE, WHO IS NOT MEETING THESE DEMANDS, IS GODS WILL.

IT IS NOT FAR REMOVED FROM THE, KILL THE INFIDELS THOUGHT PROCESSES.

SINCE THERE ARE MORE THAN A FEW MENTALLY DISTURBED FOLKS IN THAT CULT, THIS CAN BE A LITTLE SCARY.

Outoftheorg

• bebu
    bebu

Gideon/sojourner,

I thought your response was excellent. Spot on.

In the Bible, Jesus is not portrayed as a farmer, but a shepherd. He does not raise wolves. That story is a ridiculous and stupid illustration!

JN 10:25 ...The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice ; I know them, and they THEY FOLLOW ME. 28 I give them

eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

2Tim 2:19

Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

MT 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy i

n your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, I never knew you . Away from me, you evildoers!'

--Therefore, organization/church membership means NOTHING. Knowing Christ, knowing you are HIS--that counts for everything.

bebu

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Like the puppy wolf, despite him being a wolf, as long as he was loyal and trustworthy to the farmer, he had the farmers protection

True love is unconditional. I love my children, not because they do what I want, but because they are who they are.

But by the puppy wolf leaving his safe haven being amongst the sheep, he no longer had the protection of the farmer. So, he became vulnerable to whatever happened good or bad.

Satan is constantly seeking ways to break our integrity to Jehovah. And when we stray or leave Jehovah's organization for whatever reason we no longer have His protection

This is one of the biggest problems I have with this organization. I cannot and will not accept a belief system that demands I believe in a God who can only interact with humanity through conditional love. This is absolutely and positively contrary to the very basic tenets of Christianity, wherein God's love is a gift. We don't have to earn this love and acceptance. It is given freely, according to the Bible.

But what makes me feel anger and disgust is the quantum leap this person makes from God, to "Jehovah's organization" as if the two were synonmous. This is wrong and manipulative mind control at its worst. Not only that it calls on its members to then assume the smug, arrogant attitude of the 'saved' wherein they now have the knowledge to sit in judgment on the rest of humanity. Very sad and very wasteful.

• Gideon
    Gideon

Hello all, this is the response to my comments from the e-mailer.

For some unknown reason all the comment did not print on the posting.

So here it is in its totality.

Sojourner.

The thought or point I gathered from this illustration was that at the beginning the farmer felt sorry for the puppy wolf and thus took him in. In a sense like Jehovah and Jesus Christ does, invites us into His organization. Nourishes us spiritually, mentally and physically. (Is. 55: 1-3)

Though when some are faced with situations that calls for their bible-based conscience to be their guide, some fail to utilize it. Like when the puppy wolf met up with wolves he didn't know or recognize, he began to think about what they were telling him. He felt he had been missing out on something. And with that he allowed what they said to influence his decision to go with them. (Gen. 3:4-6) Some will allow harmful influences to lead them away from serving Jehovah and having his protection. Like the puppy wolf, despite him being a wolf, as long as he was loyal and trustworthy to the farmer, he had the farmers protection. But by the puppy wolf leaving his safe haven being amongst the sheep, he no longer had the protection of the farmer. So, he became vulnerable to whatever happened good or bad.

Satan is constantly seeking ways to break our integrity to Jehovah. And when we stray or leave Jehovah's organization for whatever reason we no longer have His protection. That's not to say we're invincible or don't fall short (Rom.

• Gideon
    Gideon

The comment goes on to say:"(Rom.3:23). Because Eccl. 9:11 mentions that "time and unforeseen occurence befall..." us all". And that's not to say Jehovah won't receive us back with open arms like the prodigal son" because he will. It's not Jehovah who leaves us it's us who leave Jehovah. Psalm 37:28 sates-" For Jehovah is a lover of justice, and he will not leave his loyal ones. To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded; But as for the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off." So, we have to do what Jude,a slave of jesus said at Jude 3 in the latter part of that vers"...put up a hard fight for the faith..."

Though the puppy wolf had love for the farmer, he lift that love. Just like the congragation in Ephesus that the apostle John wrote about in Rev.2:4. They left the love they had at first. The congregation in Smyrna was told despite tribulation and poverty : Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life" (Rev.2:10).Well, the puppy wolf did not prove himself faithful. Instead he lost his life for not remaining loyal.

In order for the farmer to recognize the puppy wolf, he would have needed to stay behind the protective fence and not allow harmful influences to persuade him to go astray and beome soiled beyond recognition. So, in order for us to be recognized by Jesus when Armageddon comes, we would need to stay behind the "protective fence"-Jehovah and His organization which in turn will help us to remain stedfast in the truth and not allow us and our hearts to become soiled beyond recognition by this deteriorating system wr live in.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I think that is a dumba$$ illustration, and whomever wrote it for that talk really needs some better material.

Yes, welcome Gideon's friend!

Hey, I would say the farmer shouldn't be letting the puppy wolf hang around if he is supposed to be bad. He should have built a better pen for his sheep or something...

dumb farmer...he played with the bull, but didn't expect to see his horns?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Another Jdub brain washing/mind conditioning technique.

Don't mind me well I vomit

Will

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Man, I was cheering for the wolves.

My rewrite...

"There was a farmer who raised sheep and had trouble with wolves stealing his sheep. He loved his sheep and didn't want to lose even one of them.

One day the wolves came and the farmer quickly raised his rifle and....

he was too late, the wolves overran him and ate him. They did not eat his copies of the awake and watchtower however. Wolves are not that stupid."

• gods vigilante
    gods vigilante

Well, I'm not worried myself too much from the illustration. Since I was born as a Jdub, then I'm not a wolf but would be considered as a sheep. And when Jesus shows up at Armageddon and sees me then he'll recognize me as a sheep and I'll be saved. So, for all those born in the troof, I guess we're saved no matter what. All those born outside the troof, you're all doomed anyways since you're a wolf. Sorry. That's just how God plans things.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    And when we stray or leave Jehovah's organization for whatever reason we no longer have His protection. That's not to say we're invincible or don't fall short

ROTLFAO.....

Translation: There is absolutely NO guarantee that Jehover will protect you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit