Please tell me what you think.....................

by Gideon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gideon
    Gideon

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, I am using a friend?s alias because I can?t seem to logon under my own.

I have been what?s known on this site as a Lurker for the past 2 plus years.

However, I could not resist the opportunity to solicit your feedback on an e-mail I received from a co-worker who is a J-dub.

I no longer consider myself one, although I was in the org. for 25 years.

After reviewing the e-mail my family and I became quite nausea.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Sojourner

Subject: Fw: Illustration

> > >

> > > I wanted to share this illustration given at a circuit assembly:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >There was a farmer who raised sheep and had trouble with wolves stealing his sheep. He loved his sheep and didn't want to lose even one of them.

> > > >One day the wolves came and the farmer quickly raised his rifle and POW! - killed every wolf he shot at. As he turned his rifle toward a shadow he saw a puppy wolf huddling besides a fence post shivering. The farmer felt sorry for him, picked him up, tucked him inside his coat and took him home.

> > > >

> > > >As time passed, the farmer grew to love the puppy wolf and took him everyday to help him tend his sheep. The sheep loved the puppy wolf too and thought of him as one of one of them.

> > > >

> > > >The puppy wolf learned to call the sheep by their names, just like the farmer did. It wasn't long before he grew to full size and the farmer trusted him to care for his sheep while he rode to town to buy supplies.

> > > >

> > > >Then one day the puppy wolf was running in the farmer's field and

> > > >heard howling in the woods. He ran to the edge of the fence and watched as a pack of wolves approached. They seemed happy to see him although he didn't recognize them. One by one they told him of all the fun they were having, running anywhere they wanted, doing whatever they pleased...no one telling them what to do!

> > > >

> > > >They invited him to come on the other side of the fence with them. The puppy wolf thought about the fence, and how he'd never been on the other side of it. The more he listened he began to wonder if he was missing out on something. It only took another minute and he dug under the fence and left with the pack. For three seasons he lived with the wolves. They had plenty to eat and did whatever they wanted. It was such fun and he was glad for the choice he made.

> > > >

> > > >But winter came and everyone became hungry and restless. It was cold, so cold, where they had to sleep. The puppy wolf began to think about the farmer and how he'd never slept cold and never felt hunger. Soon he heard the leader of the pack announce it was time to steal some of the farmer's sheep, so they could survive the winter. The puppy wolf loudly exclaimed,

> > > "NO, they are my friends, don't hurt them". But the leader said,

> > > "You're one of us now, do as you're told!" They all began to run fast toward the farmer's property.

> > >

> > > The puppy wolf reluctantly followed. Soon they arrived and began to dig under the farmer's fence. The farmer heard his sheep cry out so he grabbed his rifle and ran to shoot at the wolves. BANG! He killed one after another and soon was face to face with a wolf backed up against the fence post who cried out, "Wait, don't shoot me. I'm the puppy you raised. I'm your friend. Don't you remember me?"

> > >

> > > But the farmer looked at the wolf and saw how matted his coat was

> > > and how he smelled like the rest of the pack. He said to the wolf, "I

> > > don't know you." He raised his rifle and shot....BANG!!! The! wolf was dead!

> > >

> > > Brother McIntosh said that there was silence in the auditorium, and

> > > then the brother giving the talk said, "Brothers, when Armageddon comes and Jesus is doing his destruction work, will he recognize you"?

• Gadget
    Gadget

Welcome to the board!

then the brother giving the talk said, "Brothers, when Armageddon comes and Jesus is doing his destruction work, will he recognize you"?

Thats a very good question. Will Jesus reconise you as one of the people who have been serving him faithfully, or will he see that rather than doing what he wants you to do, you have been following the orders of a book publishing company who mingle with the nations(joining the UN), and follow the example of the ancient Isrealites by putting more emphasis on the Oral Torah instead of what God wanted and so lost his favor?

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

I would say the puppy lived his wolf life as it should be - JW should say "Jehovah created him this way", so what's wrong with it?

The Farmer can't see the difference BUT Jesus surely does!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Welcome gideon I Love You Mug 2 Hello! It's The WT$ leaders who are the "ravenous wolfs in SHEEP'S CLOTHING" The Master JC own words. Matt 25th Jesus 'homecoming' 31 "When he finally arrives, blazing in beauty and all his angels with him, the Son of Man will take his place on his glorious throne. 32 Then all the nations will be arranged before him and he will sort the people out, much as a shepherd sorts out sheep and goats, 33 putting sheep to his right and goats to his left...

I was hungry and you fed me,
    I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
    I was homeless and you gave me a room,
    36 I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
    I was sick and you stopped to visit,
    I was in prison and you came to me.'
    37 "Then those "sheep' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? 38-39 And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' 40 Then the King will say, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me--you did it to me.' 41 "Then he will turn to the "goats,' the ones on his left, and say, "Get out, worthless goats! You're good for nothing but the fires of hell. 42 And why? Because--

I was hungry and you gave me no meal,
    I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
    43 I was homeless and you gave me no bed,
    I was shivering and you gave me no clothes,
    Sick and in prison, and you never visited.'

44 "Then those "goats' are going to say, "Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or homeless or shivering or sick or in prison and didn't help?'
    45 "He will answer them, "I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me--you failed to do it to me.' 46 "Then those "goats' will be herded to their eternal doom, but the "sheep' to their eternal reward."

The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

A Wolf found great difficulty in getting at the sheep owing to the vigilance of the shepherd and his dogs. But one day it found the skin of a sheep that had been flayed and thrown aside, so it put in on over its own pelt and strolled down among the sheep.
    The Lamb that belonged to the sheep, whose skin the Wolf was wearing, began to follow the Wolf in the Sheep's clothing;
    ...so, leading the Lamb a little apart, he soon made a meal off her, and for some time he succeeded in deceiving the sheep, and enjoying hearty meals.
    Appearances are deceptive.[Matthew 7:16]

More on the "lambs" www.silentlambs.org

• Special K
    Special K

Once the WTBTS gets its members programmed with this Armageddon stuff. From then on they live their lives with all that guilt, shame and fear of Armageddon coming. They then continually enforce this with this stuff.

Convention and assemblies are great times to do this "shock stuff" . just keep instilling those false beliefs with nice little animal stories then end with a big .. BANG!....your DEAD! if you don't keep doing and believing;.

I call this getting "SHOCK" value .

, "Brothers, when Armageddon comes and Jesus is doing his destruction work, will he recognize you"?

. It's still instilling Fear into it's followers in my opinion.

sincerely

Special K

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Ai, no matter how you look at it, its a stupid analogy. If someone took you in to their homes, and you learned he/she had murdered your family and friends, you'd not like them all that much ... would you .... I'd call it justice had the puppy killed the farmer ....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome to the board Sojurner. Wow, a 2 year lurker. I wonder how many more there are of you?

> > > then the brother giving the talk said, "Brothers, when Armageddon comes and Jesus is doing his destruction work, will he recognize you"?

Brother McIntosh when Armageddon comes and Jesus is doing his destruction work, will he recognize you"?

• avengers
    avengers
    2. Will Jehovah recognize you? (Talk given at a Circuit Assembly by Br. McIntosh)

I'm shaking in my boots. oh I mean sandals. I don't wear boots. I know who should really be shaking and it ain't me. Any guesses? Andy (oh damn. The birds are assembling in my backyard . Probably got word from HQ)

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

What a heap of crap, that think used to scare the shit out of me.

Now I think what a heap of psychological crap. Meant to scare those who need to be told what to think. The mind control never stops.

• Mary
    Mary

What a totally sick illustration and only a warped mind could think of something like this. In case Brother McIntosh doesn't know it, the wolves are meat eaters because that's the way Jehovah made them. Do they really deserve to die for simply trying to survive the winter?

I'm sure alot of the silence that followed this illustration, was due to shock and disgust (although most Dubs would never admit it). And is there a not-so subliminal message here that says that they'd like to murder anyone who's left the Organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit