But Jehovah is such a loving God!!!..........

by ohiocowboy 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faraon
    Faraon

Triple A

Cain brought some of the fruits where Abel brought fat portions and the firstborn. Abel gave of his best, where Cain did what he had to. It was not what was given, but how it was given.
    In verse 7 God could see that Cain?s heart was intent on sin and it was close by.

To begin with, the whole story is ridiculous.

Animals were not supposed to have been eaten, even by other animals, before the flood. They all ate fruit and vegetables. (the babble doesn't say anything about them being forbidden from eating from the life and wisdom trees).

If nobody, including animals, were not allowed to eat flesh, How did Abel knew which parts did big J like, or why does he have this thing about killing the first born? Was big J beaten up by Moloch and develop a hatred for older brothers?

The babble constantly mentions that the smell of burning flesh brings him to a state of rest. Maybe that is what he uses instead of marihuana or hash to mellow down.

Faraon

• Farkel
    Farkel

flash,

: How about all the GOOD Jehovah has done? IE: Creation, families, love, happiness, health, good friends,

Hitler took Germany out of their depression and gave them prosperity, and he became a madman. He killed millions, but not nearly as many millions as BibleGod(tm) killed. How about all the GOOD Hitler has done!

: SENDING HIS SON, etc.?

Yeah, he "SENT" him to be murdered, and he made sure his Son was murdered. That's real special!

: Are we going to ignore all the positive and focus only on what we believe to be negitive??

This is GOD we are talking about here. Not some human who is frail and makes mistakes. You talk as if your God should be given some slack for showing human qualities, arrogance, anger and frailties. If your God needs that kind of slack, you have a very, VERY human God, made by man and made in man's image.

Farkel

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ohiocowboy

Interesting site

Luke 13:1-5

There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I'm glad he loves me!

D Dog

• Flash
    Flash
    This is GOD we are talking about here. Not some human who is frail and makes mistakes. You talk as if your God should be given some slack for showing human qualities, arrogance, anger and frailties. If your God needs that kind of slack, you have a very, VERY human God, made by man and made in man's image.

Farkel

I couldn't disagree with you more Farkel. Your entitled to you opinion though.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

How about all the GOOD Jehovah has done? IE: Creation, families, love, happiness, health, good friends, SENDING HIS SON, etc.? Are we going to ignore all the positive and focus only on what we believe to be negitive??
    FLASH Yes, and according to the WT and my most recent elder/CO visit threatening me encouraging me to come back to the Org I was given the old line of how I am so gullible and stupid special and privedged that Jehovah called me into his abusive cult loving Organization and shook me out of the nations because I was something worthwhile. This got me to thinking later--now that my faith is totally destroyed by the Org to the point that I don't really believe in God anymore. Why if God called me and then kept me around for all those years did he reject me in the end? Why did he do the same to so many others who I knew over the years--some very good people have come into and then gone out of the Org over the years. If God has truly called us because he knew our hearts were so pure and good--did he make a mistake-can he really read our hearts afterall? In the end I committed no sin, but to practice unconditional love towards non-JW family and friends. If God is all loving and merciful why would he reject me for that??? Unless of course the WT God doesn't want us to practice unconditional love.....???

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    If your God needs that kind of slack, you have a very, VERY human God, made by man and made in man's image.

I certainly hope the average man is not capable of violence on THAT scale. It's scary to think about.

Maybe I should follow a fine biblical example tonight. I can go out and kill 200 of my employers competition. I can bring my boss their foreskins in the morning. Maybe I'll get a raise.

Walter

• Triple A
    Triple A

Faraon,

Animals were not supposed to have been eaten, even by other animals, before the flood. They all ate fruit and vegetables. (the babble doesn't say anything about them being forbidden from eating from the life and wisdom trees).

If nobody, including animals, were not allowed to eat flesh, How did Abel knew which parts did big J like,

Where does the Bible say that Animals were not suppose to eat other animals before the flood. Noah was told that he could eat of every living thing. This does not mean that man was not allowed to eat any living thing before the flood? If we take this to mean that no living thing could be eaten before, than it would lead one to believe that every living thing would include man.

or why does he have this thing about killing the first born? Was big J beaten up by Moloch and develop a hatred for older brothers?

First born and/or first fruit is an indication of most favored. First born is not necessarly the first physical born or harvest.

The babble constantly mentions that the smell of burning flesh brings him to a state of rest. Maybe that is what he uses instead of marihuana or hash to mellow down.

I know lots of people that the first thing they will say when they get to a BBQ is, "Man, that sure smell good!" By the end they will be yawning to beat the band.

Triple A

• Triple A
    Triple A

cyber-sista

Yes, and according to the WT and my most recent elder/CO visit threatening me encouraging me to come back to the Org I was given the old line of how I am so gullible and stupid special and privedged that Jehovah called me into his abusive cult loving Organization and shook me out of the nations because I was something worthwhile. This got me to thinking later--now that my faith is totally destroyed by the Org to the point that I don't really believe in God anymore. Why if God called me and then kept me around for all those years did he reject me in the end? Why did he do the same to so many others who I knew over the years--some very good people have come into and then gone out of the Org over the years. If God has truly called us because he knew our hearts were so pure and good--did he make a mistake-can he really read our hearts afterall? In the end I committed no sin, but to practice unconditional love towards non-JW family and friends. If God is all loving and merciful why would he reject me for that??? Unless of course the WT God doesn't want us to practice unconditional love.....???

High lighted a few of your word. They are ones that call you to a man made organization. God calls you to His family, that is why Christians call Him Father.

I did not go through the organization and can only image the scars that it has left. But it is a great comfort to me to know that my God came as a substitute for my sins, because I can not live up to the law on my own.

Triple A

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Triple A,

Even though my faith has been damaged it is a comfort to know that there are those out there who believe in a loving God.

• Flash
    Flash

cyber-sista,

... Why if God called me and then kept me around for all those years did he reject me in the end? Why did he do the same to so many others who I knew over the years--some very good people have come into and then gone out of the Org over the years. If God has truly called us because he knew our hearts were so pure and good--did he make a mistake-can he really read our hearts afterall? In the end I committed no sin, but to practice unconditional love towards non-JW family and friends. If God is all loving and merciful why would he reject me for that??? Unless of course the WT God doesn't want us to practice unconditional love.....???
    Even though my faith has been damaged it is a comfort to know that there are those out there who believe in a loving God.

I am truly sorry you also have been treated unfairly by the men who are currantly running God's congregation. Even though it is our natural inclination is to hold God responcible He has not caused us harm. The record of God's relationship with mankind (and I believe with the angels) is not at all times to micro-manage their lives but to give/point them in the right direction and let life's course unfold naturaly, good or bad. He could have stopped Adam and Eve before they acted badly. Ancient Israel was on the wrong course most of the time since Mose's death, yet they were still God's people. Today is NO differant, those leading God's people are proud, narrow and small thinking. They (the GB) oppress those who want to have and enjoy a good relationship with God the same way the Scribes and Pharisees did the Israelites. They deviated SO much they murdered God's Son! We must not terminate our PERSONAL connection with Jehovah because of the gross error of those who, temporarily, are in power. How often and how severe did Jehovah discipline Israel? He will do the same to his people today...It will happen! Your cyber-brother ~ Flash ............................................ iiz2cool,

I certainly hope the average man is not capable of violence on THAT scale. It's scary to think about.

Maybe I should follow a fine biblical example tonight. I can go out and kill 200 of my employers competition. I can bring my boss their foreskins in the morning. Maybe I'll get a raise.

Walter

Violence has its place, God is not wrong to get violent when the situation justly calls for it. Also, we shouldn't accept the premise that just because its in the bible means it is a standard for us to live by. That is an example of the wrong reasoning drilled into us by the GB/WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit