The birds are getting ready to eat us?

by santacruzchick 36 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

Ohiocowboys point is well taken....

Having seen Alfred Hitchcocks movie makes me think he might have "borrowed" his story line from Revelation....

Besides, all those birds in the movie were B rate actors anyway....

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Danny....hey, what book did the top picture come from!!! I can't believe it....it is a newer color version of the infamous Paradise Lost picture that gave us all horrible nightmares as children. I'm wondering what new kid-oriented book they put it in. Man, that really pisses me off! Using that disgusting image to "mental-regulate" a whole new generation of children....

And I recall the subtle brainwashing. You look at the picture and see the faces of ordinary-looking ppl in terror. They look like regular ordinary "worldly" people. But they're all about to die. So they must deserve to die. And so look at the picture and see regular-looking ppl who deserve to die. Then you look at regular worldly ppl on the street and think they all deserve to die cuz God is gonna kill them. It's not a conscious thought but it is a suggestion they plant in your head, and I eventually became aware of this insidious suggestion that made ordinary non-Witness ppl look evil...

• avengers
    avengers
    I knew of a MS( Jehovah's Witness deacon ) who would often lament his concern," I sure hope Jehover dosen't put me on;"bone raking detail in da new system,cause dat wood really suck".

Damn. I thought I had forgotten that one. Sweet memories.
    I think they were gonna put me on that detail.

But look at me now.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Santacruzchic, do you want to borrow my cat? He's not afraid of much, not even dogs. I remember the time he killed a family of rabbits living down the street and brought them all home.

Corvin, very interesting story you told. Sorry to hear about all the suffering your mother endured.

• Carmel
    Carmel

It'll take more than seven birds to devour my sorry +%@#! Another literal take on a metaphorical text. Jeeze they sure do like to use their materialistic exigetics to control people!

carmel

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The crooks who cooked the books

Childhood impressions, my first nightmares.

Childhood impressions and Crayola crayons, peanut butter, Vicks Vapo-Rub, Play Dough.

All these scents instill a sort of cognitive aroma.

My first 'teething' book, was the "Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/night.html , an apocalyptic primer. To instill a child with "detox Joe's" end of the world vision. The armageddon nightmare spectacle at the end of the book, burned into a child's psyche, the horrific scene of the little girl falling into the abyss. All the wicked people who will perish, unless I go door-to-door and save them all.

My first life impressions, trying to sit still through two hours of cult indoctrination, I better behave or Jehovah won't like me, and as a guiding reinforcement....

MEETINGS MEANT BEATINGS

• kls
    kls

Jws will look to anything for the signs of the end. They could pull a huge booger out of their nose and assume it is a sign.

They must be pretty miserable if that is all they can do is wait and pick at anything that will give them hope.

My jw husband is the same , i see his face light up when there is something terrible happening in the world,for most people it is sad but for jws it is a sign.

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hope this link works

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/devon/3814991.stm

Its about a buzzard that was attacking cyclists because it was trying to protect its young, any way I can just guess the reaction of some JWs. Well, I'm afraid the buzzard bought it when it tackled a vehicle.

Meat pie, chew on MY pastry, birdy!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Worms will not stop swarming over the millions of bodies until the last body is eaten up. Birds and beasts also will eat their fill of human flesh until nothing is left but white bones." p. 207-210 From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained

Hi Danny,

I can't see where this could happen unless Jehovah made sure we were all bled out before the birds and worms got at us. After all,if it is a dub's resposibility to make sure all the food you feed to a pet doesn't contain blood then he should have to make sure all animal kind don't violate his "abstain from blood rule" I am sure they could still partake of "fractions" however.

By the way keep up the good work of sticking it too them in your neck of the woods. I think keeping in their face is the only way to make things change.

POZ

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Most people don't know this, but at Bethel, there is an entire department devoted to monitoring the vulture population. As everyone knows, just before Armageddon strikes, Jehovah will stockpile vultures to take care of the corpses. So, if the vultures increase, Armageddon is near.

And you thought they were just guessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit