Moscow's final ban on Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Joker10 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
    Gerard

Blondie, Great research!

We can be sure the WT is not going to stop here. There is way too much profit souls to be saved in Russia.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Moscow court upholds ban on Jehovah's Witnesses Last Updated Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:58:47

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/06/16/world/jehovahs040616

MOSCOW - A Moscow court has upheld a lower court decision banning activities by Jehovah's Witnesses in the Russian capital.

Christian Presber, a spokesman for the Jehovah's Witnesses, said he fears the ruling will affect the church right across Russia.

"The rest of the country looks to Moscow. If they feel that this is the policy that is coming out of Moscow, then they may take measures to start banning Jehovah's Witnesses countrywide. And, of course, it sends out a signal for other religious minorities."

The ruling stems from a Russian law that allows the prohibition of religious activities if they promote intolerance or hatred.

Moscow is home to about 10,000 of Russia's estimated 133,000 Jehovah's Witnesses.

Defence lawyers say the ban is an ideological decision against people who don't celebrate Russia's national holidays.

The Russian Orthodox Church pressured the government in 1997 to pass a law that certified it as Russia's main religion. The law also limits the number of other churches.

The Jehovah's Witnesses, with a growing congregation in Russia, were the first to be accused under this law. The church is charged with stirring up religious discord and encouraging suicide, because it doesn't believe in blood transfusions.

Written by CBC News Online staff

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

While I am not in favor of countries banning religions, I am very much delighted that Russia has taken steps to ban a family-destroying cult that disguises itself as a harmless, loving religion. I plan on emailing the proper Russian Consulate to express my gratitude for their decision and to give them more ammunition as to why it was a proper verdict.

-BONEZZ

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

All thought I feel governments should allow it citizens freedom of worship, and not interfear with personal beliefs,,I still would like to say to the Russians who were responcible for banning the JW:

Yeah!!! Baby!!! F*cking put them outa business.

But even though I jump for joy at the restrictions put on the JW(WT),, I still think governments get too envolved in things that should be left up to the individual and not the state. But when it comes to fair play with the WT,,I don't f*cking give a sh!t if they are fair to these dishonest bastards.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Oh I just want to say I believe in equal rights for everyone........except the WT.

I know deep down I feel we shouldn't rejoice over injustice,, but what if it is "poetic" justice?? Maybe just a little tee he he??

• Mary
    Mary
    [...] the Witnesses are subversive foreign cultists intent on breaking up Russian families, endangering children, violating the equal rights of parents in the upbringing of their children, violating the Russian Constitution and freedom of conscience, encouraging suicide, inciting citizens to refuse both military and alternative service and inciting religious discord.

While I have mixed emotions on the ban, I thought of something else: if they're banned, they're not gonna be able to meet for 5 meetings a week and then go out in Service 2 or 3 times a week........if you get used to not attending all these meetings, it's much easier to simply drift away.

On the other hand, I'm glad this has made the news. The worst policy the Borg has, is the shunning and breaking up of families. People have committed suicide over this, not that they'd give a damn. I'm glad it's come back to bite them in the ass.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

How does the ban work?

Is it simply they can't have organised gatherings i.e meetings, assemblies and preaching?

-

Ignored One.

• kls
    kls

The ban in Russia was in our local paper last night,as i watched my jw husband read it he had the look of gladness on his face. I am sure most jws feel this is one of their prophecys being full filled , that ( All religions will be banned.)

• Dansk
    Dansk

This is NOT a religion. It's a HEINOUS cult! I'M ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED Gosh, I'm feeling well again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

• heathen
    heathen

I think all the religions the russians have sponsored are heinous cults . The jews and muslims would do the same in disowning family that did not participate in the religion . The muslims are even known to kill and torture . The orthodox church has shown intollerance by backing the government restrictions and bringing legal charges against another sect. Who the f@%$ do they think they are ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit