Moscow's final ban on Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Joker10 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

its a setback for religious freedom and it gives the JW's not only martyrdom but they will use it as prophetic in that the government are persecuting them. Watch out, the big A is just round the corner!!!!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

If they were in charge of the courts in Moscow, they would ban ALL religions, not just the ones that cause hatred and intollerance.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist
    How could life possibly get any more difficult for a single JW than it already is???!!!

Working in underground definetly IS more difficult! The stories i personally heard from eastern german witnesses always make me feel happy to have "served in freedom".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Banning the JWs is like banning a terrorist organization. The more pressure you put on them the further underground they go.

It's like the Chinese Finger Trap... using brute force will not work... only knowledge and education.

This is why the Internet has harmed the WTS so much... the free flow of knowledge and education has caused the public to learn about the WTS. People now make the personal decision to avoid the WTS BEFORE they are burned by it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I, for one, am not happy about this. This kind of brutal enforcement is not the way to stop the WTBTS. I don't want to repeat the errors of the past, so I keep in mind what Pastor Niemöller said:

"First they came for the Communists but I was not a Communist - so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat - so I did nothing. Then came the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew - so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left who could stand up for me."

http://www.liv-coll.ac.uk/pa09/europetrip/brussels/neimoller.htm

I prefer Big Tex's approach. Treat them as insignificant. And what Elsewhere says, ignore them.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Go Russia and just think about all the money the WT wasted in litigation.

• kls
    kls

If more countries had the guts along time ago the jws would not be as large and have the financial assests they do now.

• Swan
    Swan
    They also said Jehovah's Witnesses were violating privacy by distributing religious pamphlets on the street and by mail.

This from the people who brought you the KGB!

Tammy

• heathen
    heathen
    Five years ago, she said, her daughter joined the Jehovah's Witnesses, which she derisively referred to as a "sect." Russia's 1997 religion law enshrines Orthodox Christianity as the country's predominant religion and pledges respect for Buddhism, Islam and Judaism - called traditional religions - but places restrictions on other groups.

now all they gotta do is convince the courts they are indeed spiritual jews . WTF that's what they believe .

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The way the three witness brothers look coming out of the courthouse laughing and holding each other, they look like they won the case. Maybe they did win?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit