Latest Watchtower study... Still discouraging higher education!!!

by Doubtfully Yours 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

Leolaia writes:

What's it with JWs and WINDOW CLEANING??? I knew a Bethelite who supposedly did that as well. Why of all mediocre professions is that one always mentioned?

Window cleaning is one of the easiest self-employment ventures to start. All you need is a squeegee, a bucket and some rags. Low start-up costs and continuing low overhead costs make it virtually a way to have 99% profit margin.

Love, Scully

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Cleaning portable toilets and the like sure gives money, but who the hell would be content with that shitty job???!!!

I agree with you fully.You would not want to have that kind of job for the rest of your life. It would be much better to further your education and be a...plumber for example. I knew a dub who did take a plumbing certificate. He wanted to have (tongue in cheek) the motto put on the side of his truck...."Your shit is my bread and butter".. With an attitude like that I am sure he is no longer a dub.

POZ

• Flash
    Flash

Now a days, everybody needs educations further than a HS diploma!!!
    You need a HS education just to be able to say, "Would you like Fries with that?"

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Because of a Jehovah Witness upbringing and no further education here is a resume of my crappy jobs:

TV salesman in hospital, handing out advertisments for a extermiting company, Yellow cab driver, car service driver, Civil servant child services chaeffur, private ambulance driver, New City Bus Driver and now NYC bus supervisor.

What a bunch of crappy jobs, this from someone who had a computer at 14 and taught myself programming, and I still do as a side hobby learn Visual Basic and C++.

Thanks Jehovah!

• avishai
    avishai
    One of the paragraphs read that 'if in the area where you live you need higher education after you graduate, then the young person must speak with the parents in order to help them balance the schedule so that he/she doesn't neglect spiritual things'

This is the biggest problem with me. So many dub parents have control over their kids AFTER they turn 18. Here is the WT encouraging it.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377
    What's it with JWs and WINDOW CLEANING??? I knew a Bethelite who supposedly did that as well. Why of all mediocre professions is that one always mentioned?

I did know of a family of window washers in my congregation. But our congregations was made up of floor cleaners, those on welfare and some kind of disability. But it was ok for them to live off the tax dollars of others who were actually making a real, honest living because they didn't have to spend time at a job, instead they could spend thier time recruiting. IT's called free labor.

I understand both points of view. I understand the higher education pro view and the view that not everyone needs college to suceed. Some people are natural born leaders. Some have the know how, they have a business sense. Others don't have that and need to be taught through colleges and universities.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If I took the WT advise I would still be in a job I don't like for the last 30 years. I could see that what I was doing was unsatisfying so I went out and took part time schooling and upgraded myself. Today I may not be making millions of dollars but I am in a job I enjoy. I know many that made big money but now they are at a point in their life where they would like to get into a less physical job but can't because they are now too old to get rehired.

Will

• TMS
    TMS

I sense things are changing.

Too late for my father, myself and my son.

We all succumbed to JW direction and suffered economically.

Many young Witnesses are now going to college.

TMS

• Corvin
    Corvin
    One of the paragraphs read that 'if in the area where you live you need higher education after you graduate, then the young person must speak with the parents in order to help them balance the schedule so that he/she doesn't neglect spiritual things'.

Reading between the lines, I get: PARENTS! DISCOURAGE YOUR CHILD FROM GETTING A HIGHER EDUCATION!

It all got ruined in the last paragraph. Like good politicians, speaking out of both sides of their mouths, they go on to say in the very last paragraph that this young lad joined his father as a window cleaner so that he could continue in a more worthwhile work of pioneering. The pitts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was a good little JW family man, I worked for a "brother" in his window cleaning business. He was a corrupt and dishonest jerk, so I took my vast knowledge, skill and experience in the Window Cleaning Arts and started my own window cleaning business. NOTICE TO ALL JW LURKERS OUT THERE: A JOB IS A JOB, HARD PHYSICAL WORK IS NOBEL, BUT THE CUSTODIAL ARTS IS WAY OVERRATED. IF YOU MUST DO HARD LABOR OR PHYSICAL WORK, DO SO WITH AN EYE TO BECOMING A GENERAL CONTRACTOR. (It's what the smarter JW men do, anyway)

JW KIDS: STAY IN SCHOOL, GET A HIGHER EDUCATION AND DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH ABOUT THE TIME OF THE END. PREPARE FOR LIFE, LIVE YOUR LIFE, AND PROVIDE WELL FOR THE FAMILY YOU START.

Corvin

• Flash
    Flash
    ...then the young person must speak with the parents in order to help them balance the schedule so that he/she doesn't neglect spiritual things.

Must?? ...And for what reason?? This is why people are losing interest and leaving!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit