SURVEY: How Long Have You Been Out Of The "Truth"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My last meeting was memorial 2003..........before that it was memorial 2002.........before that about a half dozen meetings in 2001 and 2002.

But my fade began a few years before. (no more guilt)

HappyDad

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

Faded from meetings in 1990, last Memorial in 1999, came to realise how wrong it all is in early 2003..

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my disassociation!!!

I forgot to celebrate. I'll have to make up for it on the weekend!

Walter

• Emma
    Emma

I've been out about ten years. I wish I'd noted the last meeting; it was like fleeing a burning, collapsing building. I never looked back!

Emma

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Close to 8 years now.

• dorothy
    dorothy

Still strandling the fence. Can't deny the entertainment value of sitting in a Kingdom Hall trying to keep a straight face after all the things I've read here.

• Undecided
    Undecided

That's a hard question for me. I can't remember exactly. I don't think I have been in service for 30 or more years. I went to the memorials for many years after leaving. My mind hasn't been free of the dogma until I read C of C, about three or four years ago. I have been out of the congregation, not feeling a part of it for 30 years.

Ken P.

• morty
    morty

It will be 18 years next month and I still have issues about the cult sometimes....

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Can't deny the entertainment value of sitting in a Kingdom Hall trying to keep a straight face after all the things I've read here.

Wow! How do you do it??? I tried that for a while, but I always found myself either getting very angry or finding it almost impossible to keep a straight face. I'm not very good at hiding how I feel about something, so I often had elders coming to me and asking "what's wrong?" or "what's so funny?"

I soon discovered that painkillers helped. When they ran out I stopped going.

Walter

• glitter
    glitter

Memorial 2000. Before that it was Memorial 1999 - then before that it was a couple of months previously when I attended the bookstudy for a while in another neighbourhood (boundary change and mum didn't get on with the new bookstudy host *at all* from way back!). Hadn't been to a Sunday meeting since about 1995 and hadn't been to a Service meeting since... god knows, maybe since about 1993, even then it was infequent (finished late, lived a bus-ride away from the KH, school in the morning, etc)

Still 100% believed it though - until I saw Panorama, and eventaully found this place - then it all crumbled in one go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit