SURVEY: How Long Have You Been Out Of The "Truth"?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you still "in"? Have you altogether stopped attending meetings? For how long have you been "out"?

• micheal
    micheal

1.5 years

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

3 years, 2 months and 29 days . . . not that i'm counting!

- CF

• Purza
    Purza

Just about three years now. There are good days and bad days when the guilt and fear returns, but I can honestly say I have been happy these past three years.

I had a friend who went to the convention this past weekend and she saw some of my old friends. None of them asked about me and that saddened me deeply. But. . . life goes on.

Purza

• Quotes
    Quotes

Well, depends on the definition.

Mentally, I was kind of starting on my way out by 1992.

Realistically, I was completely out by 1995/1996.

Officially, my verbal dissociation was orally delivered Monday January 12, 1998.

So, using the last date and http://www.timeanddate.com, I've been out for exactly:

2,346 days

or 56,304 hours.

or 3,378,240 minutes

or 202,694,400 seconds.

• Makena1
    Makena1

If I do not count attending my father's memorial services almost 2 years ago - Memorial 2000 was the last time I attended a meeting.

After 45 years - that was enough.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Twelve years.

Baptised in 1990.

Came to my senses late 1991.

Stopped attending meetings regularly a year later.

I was still a mere babe in the troof, still on the tit when the milk soured.

• Corvin
    Corvin

14 years

• mustang
    mustang

As has been mentioned, it depends:

It will be 30 years some time this year since my last meeting.

I have been to only a wedding or funeral since then; I have now taken to skipping the JW funerals and going to some form of private service.

I was starting the "slow fade" 3 or 4 years before that, with the typical sporadic meeting attendance and NO Field Service.

I'll go with the 30 years.

Mustang

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Lucky for me, I was never "in". I was only exposed to it while visiting my JW mom while growing up (my dad had custody of my brother and I and was a non-believer).

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit