*sigh*

So, who wants some doughnuts?

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Red herrings and straw men...

bah bye.

• Semi-Arian
    Semi-Arian

The sun went down on friday night new years eve so I can say Happy Sabbath Tracy's dad.

Jesus is Michael the Angel of the Lord but he was not created. He is the ?only begotten Son of God? John 3:18 ?and the express image of his person? Hebrews 1:3 K.J.V. and that means that ever since he was born from the Father?s own substance in eternity?s past he has been equally divine with His Father. The word that was Hebrew word that was translated angel mal'ak {mal-awk'} means messenger, representative and does not mean a created being when it is applied to Jesus. You started out your forum by bringing up Joshua 5:13-15 where Joshua worships the preincarnate Christ the Divine Son of God who called himself the ?captain of the host of the LORD? Joshua 5:14 K.J.V. Or as you said it from your version ? Commander of the Lord's army? Please pay attention to that and let?s look at Michael in the New Testament where he is called the archangel and there is only one archangel. Let us look at this definition for archangel. It is a compound greek word archaggelos {ar-khang'-el-os} which means chief of the angels. I hope it is clear to you that ?commander of the Lord?s army? is the greek word archangel which means ?chief of the angels.? Joshua worshipped the captain of the lord?s host just like Moses worshiped the ?angel of the lord? in Exodus 3. This is proof that this was not a created angel but the Divine Son of God because created angels do not allow themselves to be worshipped. ? And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.? Revelation 22:8,9 Now Tracy?s dad I would like to end this message with a prayer for you and your son ?that the GOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THE FATHER of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him? Ephesians 1:17

• kes152
    kes152

This is off topic but i noticed a post I made in this thread (years ago) on page 2 in a reply to Franciose in which I said:

Francoise,

hehe. Angels ARE spirits. They don't need to be led by God's spirit because they ARE God's spirits. We are not God's spirits. Thus, those of us who are 'led by God's spirit' are God's sons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I greatly apologize for this error because this is incorrect. In reponse to the statement about if all who are led by God's spirit being God's sons, as spoken of in Romans 8:14-17, I desire to make correction for my error, although it was years ago.

Angels ARE led by God's spirit as are those who are "children of God." However, being led by God's spirit does not necessarily make one a 'son' of God. According to the context in Romans 8:14-17, our brother Paul was speaking in terms of man.. those who have God's spirit and those who do not. According to this context, all those who are LED by God's spirit are God's sons. The reason this is so is because we who receive the spirit of God in our hearts also receive "adoption" as sons by God. No one is ever a "son" of God unless the spirit declares him such.

God has never said to an angel at anytime, "You are my son, this day I have begotten you" or again, "I shall be a father to him and he shall become a son to me." But, when he sends again his firstborn into the inhabited, he says "And let all the angels of God worship him." God has declared by his spirit that the Christ is "his Son." This is why he is a Son. When we receive the spirit.. we too are declared sons.. by adoption. Angels who are also led by God's spirits are not declared sons.. but rather.. messengers of the Most High (for angel when translated, means messenger). They are 'servants' in the household while the Christ.. being a son.. is the heir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit