Do you trust JW's?

by desib77 29 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

I guess I'm asking in more of a business aspect? Or in any kind of dealings with them.....for example, because of their morals honesty is "supposed" to be practiced. Would you hire one because of this? Maybe thinking that they wouldn't steal from you?

I guess the reason I'm asking is because my mom seems to think that everything that happens to her is because she is a JW. She thinks that when she gets a new job it is because they know that JW's are trustworthy and hard working.....

Do you really think people take this in to consideration and hire somebody because the trust the JWs?

• gumby
    gumby

Of all the ones I have known....yes, I would trust them not to steal, however, most are tight-wads to do buisness with.

Gumby

• Maya
    Maya

as far as hiring JW's..........I have found the opposite to be true..........and so have many other employers I know............

Honest? Probably............Hardworking?...........not even close.............

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I would not hire anyone I knew to be THAT out of touch with reality and that unable to think or reason for themselves. Hardworking or not. Honest or not. There are plently of honest, hardworking people to choose from without hiring a JW. As a sidenote - no - I do not trust them. I have been lied to and manipulated too many times by devout JW's. They do not know how to tell the truth.

• desib77
    desib77
    As a sidenote - no - I do not trust them. I have been lied to and manipulated too many times by devout JW's.

I understand where you are coming from here. The only thing I take in to consideration is that they have been lied to and manipulated also. I honestly believe that a most of them don't know they are lying. They truly think what they know is the truth........(I'm not defending them I'm just saying at one point I was just as blind to reality....)

• desib77
    desib77

Okay, instead of "would you hire one" let me ask this, do you think that "worldly" people actually hire the JW's thinking they are better employees? The witnesses believe they are hired based on this in certain situations. Do you think this is the case?

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

As long as not stealing things I´d believe them, BUT when it comes to stealing time from employer not. they would preach during work hours stealing the time not only their time but the coworkers time also. They would not give 100% for the job ´cause meetings, door to door and other BS is more important. In our part of the world you´re counted as a looney if you´re religious. "Bible = The lord of the rings" and who could respect someone believing a fairytale.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I see the point; and as a JW I thought the same way ( we were just the most HONEST people in the world---you could rip out your companions heart if he doubted the watchtower---but you were honest and god fearing, chuckle, chuckle).

After I left that faith and went "around the block" a few times; I do not think they are any more honest than any other fundamentalist religion. Such blind devotion presents other problems in a work place; namely the inability to conform due to wanting to be separated from all other beliefs. Rigidity for assemblies and vacation schedules; etc. The truth is that NO ONE in the work place cares what religion you are; JWs are always "in your face" about their beliefs.

I would not "disqualify" an emplyee due to JW status. I would not hire them based on that; either. People are people and as such the hiring is subjective.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I wouldn't trust them anymore or any less than the next person. I've been shitted on by "worldly" people and I've been shitted on by JW's. If somebody told me that they were JW's id be like, "So?" If they suck at working they suck at the job. I've seen plenty of lazy people at jobs, JWs or not. My brother is the hardest working in the world. While he was a witness and not DFed he had all the bosses loving him cause he did his work and alot of other people's work.

Dunno I don't have many prejudices. If the person sucks the person sucks, if they don't then they don't. Doesn't matter if it's a JW or not.

My mom is a very hard worker, complains sometimes, but just because she's a JW doesn't mean she's a lazy out of touch with reality crazy person. Lol infact at times she's too in touch with reality. It's the person not the religion found plenty of crazy people in JWism and in non-JWism. And seen plenty of good people in JWism, and non JWism. Just if they suck or not.

• little witch
    little witch

Desib

I have never known two jw's to be alike contrary to the wt stating the unity thing. Some are most trustworthy that I would depend on, and some are pit vipers and manipulative.

Ones religion has nothing to do with charactor IMO. I am no more impressed with ones religion on a business or personal level than I am Impressed on race or gender.

As Martin Luther King said, I long to see when such does not matter, but the content of ones charactor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit