I graduate tomorrow!!

by Leolaia 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

With my PhD! Finally after all these long years.

The funny thing tho is that I'm walking through the ceremony, but not getting my diploma... yet. For that, I have to -- like -- finish my dissertation. And I'm almost done, but the real big obstacle is my oral defense, which is next week. Isn't that weird, graduating before the biggest step in your program? It's great to be graduating and all, but it feels a little fake, y'know? But I'll be getting full honors tomorrow. And then I'll pardee!!

Anyway, Sunday should be a great day.... :)))

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Congrats on your Graduation!!! Happy Graduation

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Fabulous Leolaia!!! Congratulations girl, you are awesome!

• talesin
    talesin

That is the coolest news. All that work and now, you're there. Congratulations!

What an accomplishment, Leolaia. I'm really happy for you.

• Farkel
    Farkel

leolaia,

: With my PhD! Finally after all these long years.

That is so awesome! I'm happy for you. I never took advantage of opportunities like that. First, it was the WT religion and 1975, then after that, it was being the father of four children and all the attendant financial responsibilities of that. Then, it just felt too old to pursue college. I just gave up, I guess.

My only academic claim to fame is in my oldest daughter Jennifer. She is now in her second year of residency as an OB/GYN. She followed her dream against many obstacles, but NONE of those obstacles were her being raised in the JW religion. She never set a foot inside a Kingdom Hall. Never read a single piece of Watchtower crap. I made sure of that.

Again: mucho kudos to you!

Farkel

• happehanna
    happehanna

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

and well done awesome!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Leolaia -

That is wonderful! Congratulations! You have done something most people will never do!!!

growedup

P.S. Good luck on your oral defense! If you do half as well as you do posting here on the board, you'll ace it!!!

• Corvin
    Corvin

Concrats to you!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

• Golf
    Golf

Well Done!

Guest 77

Share this

Google+