Disfellowshipping

by Klaus Vollmer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    This would be quite a setback for the JW's. Without shunning, they couldn't "lovingly" ignore their former members in a loving attempt to convince them that this is God's only loving worldwide brotherhood!

So well said!

I don't think they need to announce it from the platform. The gossip tree works well enough.

I won't think it's a step in the right direction until they are able to figure out its WRONG and UNLOVING and change the policy for that reason alone. Not for some hidden agenda.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

MULAN IS RIGHT. BY THE TIME THE RUMOR MONGERS= "ELDERETES, SISTER NOSEY, BROTHER IDIOT" AND OTHERS SPREAD THE RUMORS AROUND, IT WILL BE A THREE PAGE LIST OF THE SINS THIS POOR PERSON COMMITTED.

IF THIS IS TRUE, IT WILL CAUSE MORE GRIEF, ANGER, DEPRESSION, SUICIDES, AND A GENERAL CLIMATE OF FEAR FOR MANY AND A FEELING OF SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR OTHERS, FAR GREATER THAN EXISTS TODAY.

A BIT OF SELF DESTRUCTION, AS I SEE IT.

GO FOR IT!

Outoftheorg

• Farkel
    Farkel

I hope it is true, but as Mark Twain said, "A lie travels around the world before the truth can even get its shoes on."

Farkel

• wednesday
    wednesday

if it is true, then the big guys will probably have the flock look to them for guidance in who they should avoid. ie, if u are spoken to at the hall by the elders, then can the flock assume u are DF? if that were the case, i would have been df for many years, b/c only a few people ever spoke to me.(and i was not df or da or anything, just unoffically shunned). It is of couse only a legal thing, and they would probably give a talk about it about as is the voting, military, and blood thing, u are still out, whether they annouce it or not. Those little nazis are quick to spread rumors about u and ruin your life.

I wonder if this would effect the "talk" they give after a DF and such. that talk always lets the flock know what the sin was .

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Maybe they will pass out a flier each month to inform the congo of the status of each member.....or more likely instead of announcing it from the public forum at the KH it will be annouced at the smaller bookstudy groups (in that way the possibility of public slander would be more curtailed)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit