Disfellowshipping

by Klaus Vollmer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

hi folks, I have heard the latest news that in Germany it is no more announced on the platform, when someone is disfellowshipped.

This fact in future will only be given privately to the brothers.

Has anybody heard that too? Is that a typical German way because the Seltersbrothers demand the status of a church to save taxes and get public subvention.

Since 1990 they are keen to get this privlege but at present time they stay where they begun.

I remember when I studied with the witnesses some decades ago that an elder mentioned: We never would become church. That is the key to concordates with the state, Jehovahs witnesses would losse their clean status before god.

And now since the 90ies they change their doctrines in sbustituting military services and so on.

Frere Kelsey - vieux homme sans moustache, le duc des boissons du Selters, pourquoi is est va comme ca?

• happy man
    happy man

very intresting, sounds realistick when it comes to that we must be a church to be taxfree, I now that this is one of the important things in courts in France and Russia, even in our year book some time ago it was told this.

I will check this widh my german elder friend when he comes here in july, he have a brother in selters so we will now.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This would be very interesting if it's true!The changes on voting, blood, and alternative service were all directly attributable to concerns over legal privileges in Europe; so I certainly find it quite believable.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    the latest news that in Germany it is no more announced on the platform, when someone is disfellowshipped.

So DF'ing is like another form of "marking"? How would the "clean" members of Jehovah's people know who they should shun, if no announcement were made?

This would be quite a setback for the JW's. Without shunning, they couldn't "lovingly" ignore their former members in a loving attempt to convince them that this is God's only loving worldwide brotherhood!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Remember the question was

no more announced on the platform

so if it is private to some of them it is still known to all and they'll be able to "lovingly" ignore their former members.

• Gadget
    Gadget

This is astep in the wrong direction, if there was no formal announcement of df'ing, there can be no formal announcement of reinstating either, so people will continue to treat him/her as a df'd person forever incase they hearing he was reinstated was just a romour.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Hey now any DFed person can say they are reinstated and youll have to run to the elders.

Hey can you sue elders for violating privlage like you can lawyers? Because that would be great. You get DFed then the elder can't say publicly with out being liable. What is the WTS knows this and is defacto ending DFing. Where your true status is part of those many files they already keep secret.

• metatron
    metatron

If true, it derates disfellowshipping. It would make it more difficult to know who's in or out.

Not dramatic progress, but a step in the right direction.

Thank God for Europe, they're bringing some sanity to this sick cult

metatron

• Special K
    Special K

Maybe it has something to due with the banning of J.W.s in Russia... as being a group that breaks up the family.

They don't want to get banned in Germany and are not going to announce it from the platform in halls.. so it cannot be used in court that they do such a thing. .. only privately.. not publically.

SK

• Mulan
    Mulan

The gossip mongers could have a field day with that one. People could be surmised to be disfellowhsipped all over the place, and not actually be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit