What is the biggest negative and biggest positive to being a jw?

by skittles4u 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

If I have to pick the biggest negitive (there are many) I would have to say leagally murdering their children. By this I mean withholding blood if it could save a child. Adults are on their own, but a kid has no say. That to me is murder.

The only positive thing I can think of is I was always afraid of getting caught doing something so I didn't. That probably kept me out of alot of trouble.

Edited to add: Chevy....stay out of the sun girl. You're burnt! OUCH!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Biggest Negative: Being decieved into believing that their distortion of "christianity" was true Christianity.

Biggest Positive: Never being afraid to speak in public, and the study skills from the TMS.

LABD

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Oh ya the biggest is my anti-social problems that I got from that cult. Scratch my first one.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Biggest Negative: Knowing Religion is a snare and a racket.

Biggest Positive: Becoming a racketeer.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Biggest Negative: Knowing Religion is a snare and a racket.

Biggest Positive: Becoming a racketeer.

LOL!

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Negatives : Field Service

Postives : Friendships that seem hollow today.

Has anyone else noticed the hollowness of JW's smiles? Creepy

• talesin
    talesin

** it also taught me intolerance**

good one, Chevys I never put that label on the superiority crap, but it fits!

• Flash
    Flash

Positive: Learning the truth about Jehovah and Jesus, Satan and the Rebellion, Life and Death, World Conditions, the End Times, the Thousand Year Rule of Christ, the Resurrection, the Destruction of Satan and his Followers, Eternal Life and Peace with God.

Negitive: That God's present day people operate like a Cult!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

For the most part, I agree with everybody's assessments in this thread, which is slightly depressing for some obscure reason.

Negative: reinforced my native sense of worthlessness and powerlessness, which is only now, at the age of 50, beginning to lift.

Positive: At this advanced age, most of the sex toys are still fresh and new.

GentlyFeral

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Ok then... my reasons are gonna sound very trivial but who cares

Positive: Like people have previously menioned - the fact that it develops your reading skills and you get to learn about a whole other religion and become very well acquainted with the bible.

Negative: The fact that most of the people in the KH are so wrapped up in religion that they simply have no personalities and social lives. Also the fact that you can't celebrate things sucha s birthdays and christmas! (Even though i always did anyway )

xLaurax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit