What is the biggest negative and biggest positive to being a jw?

by skittles4u 29 Replies latest jw friends

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

I am very curious to your respones.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

biggest negative-The shunning and conditional love

biggest positive-the first feelings you get when you belong in the true truth and nothing but the truth.

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

negative - you can never do enough

positive - a feeling of belonging and community when you are doing "well" in the truth.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Negative: None, if your family and friend's aren't involved. If they are, may God help you.

Positive: You're aware of pyramid schemes and esoteric claims from whackjobs more than the average person.

• minimus
    minimus

Biggest positive is you can learn how to "sell" aka= giving talks. Biggest Negative= you waste your life.

• talesin
    talesin

Negative: Learning you will never be good enough, thereby teaching you to suppress your natural instincts in your constant quest for perfection.

Positive: Learning public speaking and studying techniques at the KMS (I must add that this, to me, is the only positive I have been able to think of in 25 years)

talesin

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

The biggest negative to being a JW is precisely that - being one, because you can't be yourself. You have to be their clone.

The biggest positive is that there's a way out. It may cost a lot, but it's worth it.

Walter

• Valis
    Valis

I would say the worst part is being controlled by fear and guilt. The best part, for me at least was learning to read at a very young age. Even if it was all crap.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Farkel
    Farkel

The biggest positive is that it makes losers out of people who are unwilling to do their own thinking feel superior to everyone else.

The biggest negative is everything else.

Farkel

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

For me it was learning how to research and study (even crap material) I was always way ahead of the kids in school in reading. I learned a sense of morals and how to interact with adults at an early age.

Negatives were a loss of social skills, higher education, and in the begining when I left a lack of trust. And it also taught me intolerance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit