What makes marraiges last

by desib77 88 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sweet bicuits...we tried that in Texas but when we closed our eyes you sqeezed in the middle...hmmm actually that was kinda fun wasn't it!

• Bryan
    Bryan

My wife (Aimee) and I have been together for 8 years married 6. We have never had an argument. We hold hand at all oportunities, and constantly say "I love you." Why?

1. We trust each other.

2. We give each other her/his own space. We are married as one, though we still have seperate goals.

3. We respect each other's feelings.

4. We don't get upset about the little things.

5. When a problem or strong difference arises, we put it on the table and discuss it. We don't let it fester. WE TALK ABOUT IT. We don't thow emotions around the room.

6. We make love often so we have no need for "make-up-sex".

7. Because we are both secure and trust each other, we are not jealous. Jealousy is a relationship killer.

8. We both look out for the needs of the other. This way, most of the time, all needs of the family are covered.

9. When making decissions involving more than just "me" or "you", we try to decide what's best for the FAMILY.

10. We give each other breaks from each other.

Our friends in Houston who know us well say we have the relationship everyone else wishes they had. We are soul mates. We are in love.

I do what she says!

Bryan

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Creep - you just jumped on my coattails to get some brownie points, ya rabscallion!!!
    LOL

LT

Aye, quit yer greetin ya Jessie

Winston, I feel a connection.

Princess

Oh good! So I'm not the only one here who organizes their sock drawer by color with the elastic side facing out?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

you always starch my underwear when were fighting!

shotgun

I thought it was

you I always starch soil my underwear when we're fighting ???...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Oh good! So I'm not the only one here who organizes their sock drawer by color with the elastic side facing out?

• Princess
    Princess

Apparently not (ROSS) but it's incredibly weird. My sock drawer is full of running socks that I just stuff in there. Would that bother you?

I used to have more tendencies toward OCD but my kids helped me get over it. I'd be insane.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

SheilaM

I try to meet him with a kiss and in the morning since he is the early riser, I will stumble out all groggy and curl up in his lap (sigh) those moments are priceless.

Yes, those moments are priceless. Neil is just like you and I. He appreciate those quiet and still moments just as much as the funny or passionate ones. I love the fact that we can both just BE - not always having to talk or entertain. *happy sigh* Everyone told us our first year would be the hardest. I'm still waiting for the hard part.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I had a cat who felt the same way, then it would feel all rejuvinated and chase squirrels all day...do you guys do that?

I try to meet him with a kiss and in the morning since he is the early riser, I will stumble out all groggy and curl up in his lap (sigh) those moments are priceless.
  • xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mulan: About Dave's Wedding talks

"Listen to your wife. Women think differently than men do. They have interesting perspectives on many situations that you will never think about, if you don't listen to her. A married man who doesn't listen to his wife, is no better off than a bachelor".

Very good advice. I always liked it when the brother giving the wedding talk, would step outside of the talks boundries, and offer some personal advice, based on experience. That was just another example.

My advice. Learn to be a good listener. When women need someone to talk to or vent out, don't give advice unless asked. Men tend to analyze, and try and fix a problem, when that's not what's needed in that situation. That's why women prefer to talk to other women.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Oh and the toilet paper thing. The proper way is under. That way it's less likely to be unravelled by toddlers and putty tats.

OR which ever way your wife tells you to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit