What makes marraiges last

by desib77 88 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Thank you desib. Good Answer. I still think its a minor thing in proportion to how big of an issue some women make of it.

• desib77
    desib77
    I still think its a minor thing in proportion to how big of an issue some women make of it.

I completely agree. Who really cares if you have to burn 0.00005 calories putting the lid down. Really not a big deal at all.....in fact, I've never even mentioned it to my hubby hehe, if we are going to argue, I guarantee it will be better than over something like that!

Desi

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    I still think its a minor thing in proportion to how big of an issue some women make of it.

Put it down for godssakes. Who wants to look at the inside of a toilet if they're just in the bathroom to brush their teeth, etc...?

Besides, do the people who have a hard time closing a toilet lid also leave all of the GD doors open on their Kitchen cabinets?

Or turn off the light switch when you are done in a room?

Or put something away when you are done with it?

Or put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher?

Or hang up your coat? Leave your shoes in the middle of the room? Rinse out the bathroom sink to get the toothpaste crap washed away before it dries up? Make the bed?

Arghhhh!!!

Can you tell who does the cleaning in our house, sorry for the rant...

• desib77
    desib77
    Put it down for godssakes. Who wants to look at the inside of a toilet if they're just in the bathroom to brush their teeth, etc...?

Besides, do the people who have a hard time closing a toilet lid also leave all of the GD doors open on their Kitchen cabinets?

Or turn off the light switch when you are done in a room?

Or put something away when you are done with it?

Or put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher?

Or hang up your coat? Leave your shoes in the middle of the room? Rinse out the bathroom sink to get the toothpaste crap washed away before it dries up? Make the bed?

sounds like you need a vacation....

Desi

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    sounds like you need a vacation....

Desi

Oooh, that sounds nice!

Although I did just get from the Apostafest, I should be recharged

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Be the kind of person YOU would want to come home to.

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

20 years and not counting!

• Special K
    Special K

Committment and common goals.

Riding out the lows and enjoying the highs.

Respect and trustworthiness.

A good sense of humour.

Trying to bring up problems earlier so as not to build up resentment.

Clicking in at 24 years married this year.

I think that where my married relationship falls short these past few years is.. We never seem to have much time ALONE.. Need to work on that one. It's just the phase of married life we are in with growing children. Our time will come again and we do look forward to that.

Sincerely

Special K

• desib77
    desib77

wow....thanks everyone for all the good advice.....

Desi

• Princess
    Princess
    Rachel:Paper over the top?
    Noooooo!!!
    That's just plain wrong!

I was very impressed with the toilet lid comment. You've now let me down. I'm crushed.

Winston, I feel a connection.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rachel:

You've now let me down. I'm crushed.

I'm sorry - that's becoming a habit.
    It's a harsh world!!!

Winston:
    Creep - you just jumped on my coattails to get some brownie points, ya rabscallion!!!
    LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit