What is happening at QualComm Stadium (San Diego, CA) this weekend?

by Triple A 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Triple A
    Triple A

The Jehovah's Witnesses have QualComm Stadium from June 11th to the 13th and the Spanish Jehovah's Witnesses have it the 18th. What is going on? Would there be any groups there that I could contact to join with or help me start an outreach to Jehovah's Witnesses?

• blondie
    blondie

What is an outreach? Is that a buzzword in another religion?

Blondie

• Triple A
    Triple A

Blondie,

I do not know if outreach would be concidered a buzzword. What I mean by outreach is that I would like to be proactive in talking to Witnesses, rather than just wait to have them knock at my door.

Triple A

• blondie
    blondie

Triple A, if you want to talk to JWs (I am assuming you aren't one), doing it at an assembly/convention can be counter-productive. A private place is better. As an active JW for over 40 years, I would never have talked to a non-JW at a convention in a "negative" way. The only thing that might help is holding up signs with an 800 number to call.

Blondie

• Triple A
    Triple A

Blondie,

I did not figure that I would be able to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses there, but that I might find some one or group there that is doing this. And either work with them or get some help and direction on how to get started.

Triple A

• Triple A
    Triple A

Blondie,

Should have said thank you for your input, because that is advice that I need. You are right I have never been a Jehovah's Witness. A young lady over 20 years ago rejected me for the Society.

Triple A

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    A young lady over 20 years ago rejected me for the Society.

You're not the only one. Many people here have been cast out of other people's lives because of the JWs, including family. By joining the JWs, you stand a good chance at becoming like this lady who rejected you, and you would end up rejecting other people because they're not JWs. Do you really want to become like that?

Now, I'm not sure what the history is behind you and this lady, (I'm guessing you two were dating), but I don't think it's worth joining a religion just to contact an old friend/flame. Life moves on, and you have to move with it. Lots of things change in 20 years.

20 years ago, LPs were the audio format of choice. Betamax was the video format of choice. A Dodge Omni was a good investment. Fruit Loops only had 3 flavors. People owned Vic20s for personal computers. Space Invaders was a top-notch video game. The Generation of 1914 was about to end. Van Halen's "Jump" was in the charts. The Rubix Cube and anything made by Nerf was cool. The last popular boy band was the Bay City Rollers. Madonna was controversial.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Nosferatu,

I am not looking to be a JW. I have done a ton of reading over the last two years, both Watchtower and anti-Watchtower. Heck I have even completed the seven Volumes of The Studies in the Scriptures, editions printed in between 1903 and 1917. There is no way I could give up my relationship wiith Jesus Christ for the worship of men in Rome Brooklyn.

My JW friend called me two years ago and that started me on this what do the Jehovah's Witnesses believe quest. I have been happily married for 20 years this August. My wife a fine example of Christain love supports me in this endvour. I am not doing this just to reach one women, but a group of people that I honestly beleive have been mislead. I may never be able to reach my friend, 3,000 miles seperates us.

My wife's comment when this got started was, "I knew when I met you that youi would do some kind of ministry, so I guess we now know what it is to be."

Triple A

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh, okay! I was just a bit misunderstood. Forgive me?

So, basically, you're going to be "an evil apostate" at the convention. Even though you were never a JW, you'll be viewed as an apostate if you're trying to pull people away at the convention. Many others have done this in the past.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Labels and names do not bother me, being effective does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit