Things your mom said to you to get you to stop doing things............

by Sunnygal41 50 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

OH Badger i can't stop laughing, i wish i would have said that to my kids.,,,,, well i could start now.

• Sassy
    Sassy

My mom said.............If you keep talking at the meetings (whispering with my friends)..

I am going to sit behind you and pull your hair and all the brothers you have crushes on will see..........

(yes she knew I'd die of embarassment)

• simplesally
    simplesally

Go play hopscotch on the freeway!

See these gray hairs????? They came from you!

• Ciara
    Ciara

My mom had an odd one: "Since you don't pay any attention to me anyway, I'll just wander off and die in the woods!"

I kept waiting for her to try it. It wouldn't have bothered me that much, she wasn't much of a mom. I've never used things like that on my kids and I don't plan to.

Ciara

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

The "stop crying" thing was pretty common.

If you keep that up I will stomp you into a mud-hole. (usually interchangeable with one above)

I NEVER talked to my parents like that. (trump card when child was winning the argument or had a good point)

You seem to think the world owes you a living.

Quit feeling sorry for yourself and get your chores done. (usually after punishment had been administered)

If you had the brains god gave a piss-ant you might be able to do something. (ah yes the housework needed done)

You think you are so smart, lets see how you do out in the real world, you wouldn't last a week.

You think you are so abused! (usually said after the tears didn?t stop fast enough)

Jehovah help me and bring Armageddon now. (followed by statements that the child wouldn't survive and why)

I wish you kids had never been born. (usually said in the middle of hysterics or rampage)

But, to end on a lighter note sometimes one would backfire.

Mom: You are all a bunch of lazy, good-for-nothing pups.

Younger Brother: Well, you would know. (only said on one occasion; the beating was brutal and instantaneous)

That one still brings a chuckle now and then, when we brothers get together.

Goshawk

• Triple A
    Triple A

Any time I was causing trouble, my mother was going to send me back to the Indians. Since I am German Irish, think that I would stand out alittle?

• talesin
    talesin

Well, most of the above, and this one,

"if you keep tucking your hair behind your ears, they will stick out"

hahaha she still gets on me about my hair! But I am a hippie freak till the bitter end, and will never lose the long hair! la la la la I don't hear you!

and this priceless gem,

"millions of starving kids in Africa would be happy to eat that"

I always felt like saying, 'well send it to them!', but the spectre of 'getting the belt' loomed large in my mind.

Why are people so mean to their children? I know, I know, it's just a rhetorical question.

tal

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

My mums first line of defense was 'Naughty Children Don't get into the New System. The Ravens of the torrent valleys will pick their eyes out.'

If that didn't work (usually the case) she'd say - I'll get the wooden spoon!! (how she ever used it to cook after beating my ass with it I'll never know. Just don't go around for dinner!) I hold her entirely responsible for me learning to enjoy that 'just been spanked' tingly feeling!

She couldn't use the 'wait till your father gets home' line cos he only ever hit me once in anger, (punched me in the face), so I hit him back and broke his nose!! He would only ever roll his eyes and leave mum to deal with me from then on!

The thing that always worked best on me was threatening to take away my bicycle. I went Everywhere on it, and it was like losing my legs when I couldn't use it!!

As regards the 'Teenage Boy' difficulties... I got the biblical counsel 'self abuse is a sin', the bizarre 'masturbation stunts the growth / gives you warts', the age old 'You'll go blind' and the impossible 'It'll drop off y'know!'

Bull!

• talesin
    talesin
    I hold her entirely responsible for me learning to enjoy that 'just been spanked' tingly feeling!

LMAO!

What is it with the British and the spanking thing?

tal

• Scully
    Scully

"I guess you don't want to live in the New System after all."

For talking on the phone to Worldly? boys from who called me to discuss homework: "If you're going to be a whore, you can't live in this house!!" (I was 13 and didn't have a clue about sex beyond the films they showed us in Grade 5.)

For playing pool-tag at the hotel with JW boys my age at district convention time: "This hotel is not a whore house for Jehovah's Witnesses!" (I was 15.)

I wish I'd had as much sex as she thought I was having! LOL

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit