Is the Devil making you happy, too?

by littletree 38 Replies latest jw friends

• littletree
    littletree

This is my first post, and I'm so excited (I've been reading posts on this site for over a year now; I tried to register back in October 2003, but had some problems. I decided to just go ahead and use my "real" work e-mail address, which seemed to have worked.) Just for a short introduction- I got baptized at 14, on September 1, 2001. And on September 1, 2003, the last day of our District Convention, I decided I was NEVER going back. Well, since then, I've been back to my mother's Hall, just to visit and for the Memorial, but even more determined not to be sucked back in. As a kid and teenager, I was always "a good example", in it 100%- not a double-lifer like alot of people I knew. I was never a pioneer, but a good steady "tortoise" Christian. My main reasons for leaving were that I always had trouble believing the 1914 and 144,000 explanations. Then, I found lots of sites on the Internet that confirmed that I had valid reason to be suspicious. Also, in the past 2 years since I really began doubting things, I've met lots of nice people on my job, who are of various religions and beliefs (including Atheism), and I just can't bring myself to believe that God only approves of 1 out of every 1000 of his Creation. Reading "Crisis of Conscience" was just the icing on the cake for me, and now I'm just happy to not feel like God will not love me if I don't push Watchtowers on the only 2 free mornings I have! Boy, does it feel good! So, this is what brings me to the topic of my post: The wife of one of the elders in my Hall called me up yesterday to say how much she missed me. Anyway, it was all sweet at first. Then, she tried to lay on the guilt trip. When I just came out and told her how happy I've been since leaving, she said that my seeming happiness was only "because of the Wicked One." Boy, did that make me upset! I'm happier, kinder, and more spiritual-minded and confident than I've ever been in my WHOLE life (no more ADs), and this woman tells me that it's attributed to the Devil. What a mind game; how DARE she. Well, after that, I decided that I had to get on here, and give and get some encouragement. Well, that's my little story.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome aboard, littletree! We're mighty glad you made it.

Don't worry about the "devil" jibe, you aren't the first to get that:

"So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand, his end has come.."" - Mark 3:23-26 (NIV)

Ozzie

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Welcome to the board littletree!

The JWs are the ones who enjoy saying over 6 billion people will be killed at armageddon, yet they have the gall to call someone else wicked??? They should take a closer look at themselves.

Laying guilt trips is what they do best. It's easier than reasoning on a matter.

Walter

• New Castles
    New Castles

Welcome to the board. Its amazing the things they will say to make you believe what they want you to believe. Its good to hear another success story. Hope to hear more from ya!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Little Tree said:

she said that my seeming happiness was only "because of the Wicked One."

Let's see what Lady Lee has to say about his method of mind control. (Handing the mic to Lady Lee)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... there's just no winning with idiotic reasoning of JWs

• kls
    kls

WELCOME, now you will never leave

• littletree
    littletree

New Castles, iiz2cool, and Ozziepost- Thanks for the big welcomes!!! It's like the JWs think that my making you feel BAD, isolated, guilty, or unloved by God, that you'll come running back to them. Do they understand how twisted that thinking is??! I think it's so stupid to not just accept that a person has the right to live his or her life HOWEVER they want to. Why can't they just be glad that I'm a healthy, productive citizen, whose HAPPY, extremely happy, and not hurting anyone or commiting any crimes?... Why do I have to be a part of a man-made religion, set up in the 1870s, in order for God to accept me? It's retarded. And my mother still thinks I may come back one day. Yeah, right. Those people are sick puppies. They'd rather see me on medicine and always feeling guilty and bad about myself, just as long as I'm "in Jehovah's Organization". The fact that they make that claim is weird enough.

• kls
    kls

Littletree, you are not happy ,you will be miserable unless you think and act the ways of a jw. You must be controlled and do as the watchtower tell's you . That is the only way of true happieness for all man kind. See if you are not one of them you are nothing. If they could only see what true love and happieness really looks like.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol @ kls

Hey, ya wanna buy a bridge?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit