Thanks to everyone (and let me introduce myself)....

by TallTexan 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Randy was kind enough to recently post my story on his website (www.exjws.net/pioneers/RJJW.htm) The response I received was overwhelming, with many invitations to join this discussion forum. So here I am. I won't go into my story, as it is posted and, as long as it is, is really only the tip of the iceberg. The more I read and the more I talk to former JW's, the more I'm convinced that I have been duped..something I never thought would happen to me, as cynical as I am. I spent 25 years as an active JW ( I was born into it in 1969), and the last ten as inactive, and it looks like I will spend the rest of my life as one of the 'lowest of the low', an apostate...lol. Anyway, thanks to all of you that have given me words of encouragement, and please, keep in touch as I continue my enlightening, fact-finding mission.

• desib77
    desib77

Welcome to the board!

Desi

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome !

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

TallTexan, welcome to the board! I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. I read your story on Randy's board, and I am so very sorry that you and your family went through all that. I too was "raised in the truth" and, believe me, you don't know what freedom is until you've left it! I've been out for 2 years after being in for 46, so it was well ingrained. I pioneered for 13 years, my dad was an elder and of the anointed, and he was driven to commit suicide last year because of the despicable way he was treated by the elders in his congregation. (He had a brief affair after we put my mom in a nursing home, but anyone who cared enough to think about it could tell he was just snapping after all the pressure he'd been under and he "repented" about a week after they announced his disfellowshipping but they still made him grovel for a year before reinstating him.)

Big Tex (another tall Texan) and I live in the DFW area -- if you're close by, please PM me and I'll PM you our phone numbers so we can meet up. Neither of us are disfellowshipped or disassociated -- we did a (so far) very successful "quiet fade," so we still have a few JW friends who hang with us occasionally.

Hugs to your mom for me too, please.

Nina

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Hey There!

Another Texan . Woot!

Welcome, make yourself comfy freind, we look forward to getting to know you better.

• Huxley
    Huxley

Welcome!

...to this board

...and to your brave journey.

Huxley

"My parents went to Pioneer school, and all I got was this lousy shunning."

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Tall-T...

I read your very interesting story. WELCOME to our 'family'... there's a lot of really great people here. You'll be amazed at not only what you'll learn, but how your life will change for the positive.

• kls
    kls

Many here have been duped.,,,,,,, Welcome

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the board TallTexan! We look forward to getting to know you!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hello Tall Texan,

Quite a story! I'm in full agreement with you. Haven't been in a Kingdom Hall since 1966 and never intend on going to one again. Amen!

WELCOME!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit