Just randomly underline study WT or book?

by Max Divergent 42 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

I was raised to *really* value and be careful with all books, so aside from writing my name and congregation in the study book/Bible, I *never* ever underlined a JW book or magazine.
    I did my pre-study in the school library instead of doing RE - it took all of about about 10 minutes at most (out of 50 or 70 minute lesson, so I got got some good-quality book-reading-time too :)), I mean the answers are right there in the paragraph and you only have to remember the content of the paragraph for a few moments until the answer or remember a scripture... not even as hard as the easier lessons at school at that age!

If I had to write something down (scriptures etc), I wrote in a notebook... then doodled in the notebook all meeting! :D

• gumby
    gumby

I studied it because I conducted it.

Before I was the conductor, I usually studied it also.....but in those cases If didn't have much time, I was good at knowing where to find the answer and skip the other stuff. After years of reading the publications.....you learn the routine. The exception was years ago when "Freddie" wrote the long drawn out deep crap ( study articles) when he was in "that kinda mood". He made your head hurt.

Gumby

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

The idea of random underlining never occured to me. It was always easier for me to take ten minutes out of a day (WT study) or 20 minutes (Book Study & WT study) than to get busted with a random underlined mag or book. If that happend then I knew the dreaded "family study" would suck up Saturday night, and I wouldn't be able to do what I wanted to do.

LABD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit