Just randomly underline study WT or book?

by Max Divergent 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Did you ever get into just doing random underlines and notes and all that on your study WT or books just to look like you?d studied it without ever having even looked at it before?

• blondie
    blondie

Blondie ever randomly underline any WT publication??!!

But I had family members who did. As I drove my elderly aunt to the meeting, I looked over to see her quickly underlinining randomly.

"I am a regular pioneer, you know, Blondie. I don't want to stumble any of the mike handlers who see that my magazine is not underlined."

I know of elders and attendants who would walk through the KH and see who had not "studied" that is not underlined.

Blondie

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Okay, I just got to say. That is one of the most @#%$#ed up things I hated about that religion. I mean, holy @#%$. Where in the Bible does it say we have to comment? Geez!!! I myself was shy so I barely commented. And that was the one reason I never became MS. I gave great talks, did substitute talks many times, read the Watchtower, said prayer, took care of the mics, the stage, the control panel, the mags, territory. Yet, cause of not being vocal in the commenting area, BAM, no MS. How @#$# is that? Yeah, I'm a little pissed about the subject, sorry. And only once or twice I did the random underlining. Other times, I didn't care about underlining it, like that means you studied. Grrrrr, brought back some bad memories. Oh.... and I'm greatful they never did make me MS, I'm not sure if I would have been able to get out. Thanx you dumb pricks!!!

• boa
    boa

yup, but only a coupla times before I realized how stupid it was to do it.

however, probly equally as dumb are all the times (many more) that I couldn't find the right wt for the meeting or forgot it so I 'pretended' by using another wt to go through the motions. If you paid just a little attention, you could even comment with the wrong mag in your hands, since its all comic book stuff regurgitated over the last 80 yrs -

or even the 'underline the whole paragraph' trick - works in a pinch but takes a bit longer

boa.....gawd, i was sooooo messed up in that religion....now i'm messed up out of that religion

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Wow! Bit of angst there Agent!! You missed nothing not being an MS except more heartache... and, yes, it's an extra complication on the way out.

You're right boa, it's silly, but it just came to me as a way of diverting attention from myself when I'd realised I wasn't a JW anymore, but was still serving as an 'an experienced MS'... I was getting grief for my FS hours being down (despite many fake hours being added) and didn't need my non-studied WT being noticed too... it never worried me too much before that...

...a very conciencious older sister full of loving concern for her brothers and sisters you had their Blondie!!

Max

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Absolutely I did.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

the watchtower studies have gotten so easy, especially when you've seen most of the topics many times before. I would practice speed reading technics on them, trying to read the whole paragraph in 5 seconds, and then see if i could answer the question. without reading scriptures I could prepare the whole article in 3 minutes. the underlining got a bit messy, that just made it stand out more..

• FMZ
    FMZ

When I was in my die hard "I wanna be a dub" phase, I had 4 colored highlighters, which I had a little system for. If I recall correctly, yellow was for main points, blue was for scriptures, pink was for what could be used in an answer, and green.... hmm... I believe green was for names and dates etc. When I would get to the meeting, my literature would look like a coloring book. It prolly did more harm than good.

FMZ

• rekless
    rekless

For the last year I went I never could find the right WT.Never mind underlining .

• Larry
    Larry

Nah, I can't say that I did as an adult. As a youth I would just underline the first two sentences of the paragraph. The answers were there most of the time.

Some WT's looked like a coloring book with the different color highlighters - The more colors the more spiritual you look.

It was always considered a no-no if a mike handler roam the aisle with an unmarked WT.

A mike handler would also be considered spiritual if he had an x-tra WT to hand out to those who didn't have one for the WT study.

LL :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit