DF'd, what do I say????

by Pinned Blouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In my job at NYC transit when I found out a co worker is a Witness I am straight forward and tell them I am DF'ed and take it from there.

Some continue to speak to me trying to occassionally preach, some dont speak at all, some speak about the job only, whatever, I like to keep all lines of communication open.,

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Pinned,

A bit of a late responce from me, but this is how I take it. I'm DA'd from the society not from it's members, therefore I'm not going to be prejudicial against any of them. My "status" within the watchtower society means nothing outside of that organization, and obviously I don't want back inside the organization.

But the elder's and others do such a good job of socializing us into this idea of disfellowshipped persons as being "Spiritually contagious" that the mind wants to compell us to feel as if we have to somehow alert the poor dubs for their own well being. It's really quite the opposite. I'd rather be seen as a person then a "disfellowshipped person" or a "spiritual brother". Old mental pathways break hard against the waves of change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit