DF'd, what do I say????

by Pinned Blouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

When I wrongly DF'd 5 years ago I never went back, there are JW's at my job and I sometimes see JW's on the street. If they smile at me I smile back since they do not know.

Question - What am I officially to tell those that innocently say hi to me? (I would never tell them that I was Df'd because I think it is wrong) But I an curious since it has been so long.

Pinned

• Fleur
    Fleur

i wouldn't tell them anything. you're there to do your job, not become their best friend. if religion came up as a topic, i would say that i am uncomfortable discussing that on the job; that usually sends most jw's toddling off relieved they don't have to say any more.

if someone knows you from before then it may be different...but unless its a must, i wouldn't tell them anything. it's just not any of their business.

btw, love your username. the first time i saw it i roared, i was a blouse-pinner, too. couldn't help being genetically endowed! LOL

hugs,

fleur

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I agree with Fleur.

You don't have to tell them anything. Just be nice and pleasant to everyone, including the JWs and you won't have to worry about anything.

if religion came up as a topic, i would say that i am uncomfortable discussing that on the job; that usually sends most jw's toddling off relieved they don't have to say any more.

Ain't that the truth! I was more than happy to leave it at that when I was a JW. But I still counted at least 10 minutes of informal witnessing.

Country

• Maverick
    Maverick

I agree that you owe them nothing. Being DF d is a control device of the WTS and not a loving or Christian way for spritual leaders to behave, why support it? Maverick

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Thanks guy for your responses, I have talked to other religions and they cannot believe that JW's do this, it is surely not "loving"

• oscar
    oscar

It is unbelievable the control they use by disfellowshipping and the embarassment it causes it really is all about control and instilling fear in the r&f.By the way how do you attach someone elses comments in the box form can someone please explain it to me.Thanks.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hey there PB,

It's such an awkward feeling isn't it when you meet up with JW's - Years of entrenched indoctrination still makes you feel that you have to almost apologise to them for being nice - I know, I get the same. I've worked with other JW's that I used to be on attendants duty with at assemblys, and usually found that once the initial 'ice' has been broken, they'll be just as chatty as before... of course, you will still get the odd 'hard-core' JW that walks away with that false feeling of superiority...

Hi oscar - I had to ask the same!! lol

Copy the text you want in the normal way, then click on the 'quotes button' (next to the smilie in the toolbar), then paste the text back in! Easy, innit!!

Bull!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Just act like a normal person meeting normal people around them. You don't recognize their authority.

CG

• oscar
    oscar
    Is this working now let's see

Oscar

• New Castles
    New Castles

Dont say anything...if they are nice to you then be nice back. Dont believe in their policy by telling others to avoid you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit