Ozzie's Weekend Poll #97 (Worldly people)

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It seems to me that I got along better with Worldly people when I was in the "truth". When I became a worldy person then I didn't get along with them, in fact I hate them.

• blondie
    blondie

So what did you really think of "worldly people"?

1. They were going to die at Armageddon. (you were a good dub, weren't you!!) Never, my father was a non-JW as were my aunts, uncles, cousins, neighbors and friends. I just figured God knew their heart and would not kill anyone who doing their best.

2. They seemed OK really. I tried to gauge people individually based on my personal experience.

3. Some were my best friends. I never had any JW "friends" at school. I had non-JW friends who supported my views even when they didn?t agree with them.

4. I could trust them more in business than "the brothers". I didn?t trust them more but not any less than "the brothers" though I found JWs took advantage of other JWs? trust in them

5. I wished they could come "into the truth". Nope.

6. Best to avoid them. Nope

7. Who? That?s right, PC is now non-JWs or non-witnesses

8. Never met any. Met more non-JWs than JWs who thought I was bad association because my father wasn?t a JW

9. How could you tell the difference? Fornicating, boozing, lying, backstabbing and that is only the JWs

10. Only those in the Kingdom Hall would survive Armageddon so they couldn't be nice - could they? (never bought into this, see #1)

11. They were the people who had all the fun. (They were certainly more loving and self-sacrificing towards my family. We had fun because they accepted us)

12. They were the people we worked for. (only had a JW supervisor once?that was weird but not a bad experience)

13. Couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. (amen, these people showed us loved and helped us out when we wondered where the "friends" from the KH were)

• Piph
    Piph

1, 6, 10, 12

They scared me.

Now Fundies scare me. :P

• Odrade
    Odrade

1, 5, 6. all of the bad, none of the good. Stupid me.

• codeblue
    codeblue

1 Corinthians 15:33...was always told to us at the meetings. I was afraid to be around them...I did however, choose to visit my "worldly relatives" anyways........

Can't trust a "worldly person"....they are bad....they don't look after you like the "brothers" do.

Well...I moved to another area of the US and all of that proved to be a LIE..........

The truth is the "brothers"s didn't look after me and couldn't be trusted.......my so called "worldly neighbors" and workmates cared a bout me more....What a big lesson that was!!!

Codeblue

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ozzie,

Sorry I came on so late. You are surely going to check this thread in the morning.

I discovered number 4 to be true.

4. I could trust them more in business than "the brothers".

As PO I even advised an aspiring MS that it was safer than going into business with a brother. The brothers will always expect you to cut them some slack and let then off for anything they convey to be spiritual concerns. And when things go sour, with the 'worldly partner' all you loose is money, but with the JW you are in for the hassel of your life. The CO heard of my advise and we had a head to head.

Also agree with 1, 2, and 5.

Jst2laws

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    11. They were the people who had all the fun.

Yup, I would envy the holidays and parties they got to go to.

• Badger
    Badger

1. They were going to die at Armageddon. Yeah, that...depressed me to no end.

2. They seemed OK really. Six of one, half dozen of the other...you find all types everywhere.

3. Some were my best friends. Yes...better friends than at the Hall.

4. I could trust them more in business than "the brothers". ...Once you got on a brother's bad side, at least.

5. I wished they could come "into the truth". ...but I wasn't good at converting others, thank goodness.

6. Best to avoid them. ..easier said than done, thank God.

7. Who? Mike Jones!

8. Never met any. We were witnesses, not monks.

9. How could you tell the difference? Both sets lie, gossip and brown nose...

10. Only those in the Kingdom Hall would survive Armageddon so they couldn't be nice - could they? I lost a LOT of faith in humanity with that reasoning.

11. They were the people who had all the fun. I truth I didn't want to own up to until I became one.

12. They were the people we worked for. I worked for brothers before...and was treated with less respect.

13. Couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Not now.

14. Other (please detail). I had differentiated between worldlies and apostates, as do most witnesses. Now I see why the FDS wanted me to stay away from them...They know the truth about the truth, know how to get out with your wits intact and help you do the same.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I envied their freedom so much that I became one regardless of the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit