IS THE ORGANIZATION MORE JEWISH THAN "CHRISTIAN"?

by Mary 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Heathen

I have heard some dubs claim to speak in toungues ,

It's not part of wt religion either.

The exorcism thing is not as played out as the catholic church performs the ritual but they do believe that demons can posses people but do not claim to have authority over demons such as the apostles had since most of them do not claim to have anointing of holy spirit .

This brings up another point of difference. In nt christianity, any christian could have the power. In the wt two class system, the anointed 144000 are like the ot jews, having a covenant w god. The other sheep/great crowd are not jews at all. They are like the gentiles that may have join the ot jews. And so, while in nt christianity, all were christian w a sprinkling of the various 'gifts', the wt has excluded all but a few thousand from any possibility of being true christians, as jesus declared to his disciples.

In all my wt yrs, i have never seen or heard second hand of even anointeds doing exorcisms. They could have clensed second hand merchandise, instead of having poor dubs burn stuff.

I don't remember reading a specific time mentioned in the NT for fasting so it's really not part of christian theology

It was done a few times by a few nt people, for spiritual reasons. It was considered to be cool in the nt. However, if it was tried in the wt world, it would certainly raise eyebrows.

They seem to believe that bearing witness to jesus inspires prophesy but again that it could only be the remnant of spiritual Israel who could be used in that way.

And so, they have cut out of dub life that practice as well, and have twisted it into meaning that spouting wt theology is both of those.

The NT mentions shunning in the apostle Paul writings but only under certain circumstances , it's not just an old testament thing .

No, but the wt shunning is a lot different than the pauline one. In the pauline shunning, it was done before the cong, w them participating in the judicial process. Also, all of the members did not need to go along w it. It is stated that a minority could choose to continue to associate w the shunned one. The wt shunning of complete cutting off is more like the ot jewish version. It has even stated that in lamentable terms, that modern laws do not permit the killing of dfd ones.

SS

• heathen
    heathen

Satanus--- I also agree they abuse the situation . I think the apostle paul said that anyone that calls himself a brother and is a greedy person or an extortioner should not be associated with, not to even eat with such a person, I think that can go for most people .lol 1st cor. 5:11 also includes ,fornicators , idolaters and drunkards . I bet if it was applied correctly they probly would disassociate 99% of the congregation . I think it disgusting that they follow people around looking for reason to bring this type of treatment on people . I mean they will literally rat each other out over any little thing even tho they believe the bible was written for the anointed . I agree also it is a pretty cappy thing to say that they would use the death penalty if it were legal , that certainly does not portray the kind of love and decency that jesus was trying to convey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit